how durable is bg70 pro compared to bg65?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by logi, Feb 17, 2002.

1. logi

logi Guest

hi guys.
    i have to get my racquet restrung and i was wondering if bg70 pro will last as long or pretty much the same as bg65?
    thanks

2. clive

clive Guest

depends of course on how tight you string it, whether your racquet can handle it etc. etc. - in my experience, bg 70pro is extremely durable and holds tension quite well. but if you can get it, use bg 88ti - smooth like bg 85 and lasts a while

clive

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

G'day Logi,

I play around 15 hours per week, pretty much for the last 2 and half years and I have been using BG65 for the first 2 year and never snapped a string. My style of play is smash happy and hardly any slice shots, so BG65 last donky ages, although my racket was strung at pretty low tension (18lbs - 20lbs) which perhaps contributed to its durability.

BG65's downside is that it lose its tension fast and when it does, the string feels a bit dead and lacks in power and control. I have upgraded lately to BG80 at 22lbs on both MP77 and Cab21 and it leaves BG65 for dead in every aspects except cost and durability. After 5 month of use BG80 is fraying badly although still holding.

I have used BG70 Pro for about a month and it isn't too bad, better than BG65 in feel, control, and smash sound. I cannot comment on it's durabilty as it wasn't my racket.....

Andrew

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Don't think any of the more common strings in the market can match the BG-65 for durability pre dollar spent!

Its the string that made Yonex a 'string supplier'...

But generally people who have used the other grades of Yonex strings feel that the BG-65 is best when fresh. But lacks the feel and touch and sometimes power of its more expensive siblings.

But its one of the few strings that can be played at post 30 lbs tensions.

5. logi

logi Guest

thanks a lot guys..
    i string my racket at 21 or 22.. i have a 2U ti-7
    so i think ill give the bg70 a try!