New Club in Jacksonville Florida

Discussion in 'USA East' started by lookmomitsme, Jun 29, 2007.

1. lookmomitsme

lookmomitsme Regular Member

Hello everyone...finally there is a reason stop by our city on your way to Disney World! :rolleyes:

We are now playing badminton on Thursday evenings 7-10PM at the Yates YMCA. All are welcome. Please visit our website for details:

http://jacksonvillebadminton.com

Thanks,

Victor

2. thomashek

thomashek Regular Member

Congrate.....new club in Florida... awesome

3. lookmomitsme

Thanks so much. We want to host a tournament next year. Do you know of any other clubs in Florida that might be interested in coming here?

4. thomashek

thomashek Regular Member

well... try out Orlando, they are the closest one to you, but Tampa have a big club, if you have a big Tournament, they might carpool to get up there, same as Sarasota Club. Let us know when you have your tournament. We (Fort Myers) will try to get up there. BTW, Sarasota is having a Tournament this month.

5. shreky

shreky Regular Member

hi .... is there only 1 club in jacksonville? our company are asking for volunteers to relocate to jacksonville FL. i told them that if it was cali then i would be first in line .... just curios....

6. lookmomitsme

We are it!

We are the only venue for badminton......

I wouldn't transfer to Jacksonville if you want to live somewhere progressive. The "Christian Right" own lots of property downtown and tries to sabotage any effort to be a forward thinking city. Consequently, the downtown area is only busy during church on Sunday and you see how fast the Baptist drive out of town to get back to their gated communities to watch Sunday football.

This town has lots of history of suppressing people and no one in power has the guts to go against the church to try to be more inclusive. Even the mayor paid for a "prayer-fest" with tax dollars to curb crime. I guess God was watching football in his "gated community" as well that Sunday because our crime rate is still the highest in Florida. Don't get me wrong, the mayor probably rolled his eyes when the church came knocking on the door for money and support, but he like all the politicians won't standup to them.
    This town's identity and its past, present and future is pretty complex but they really only want to pray away everything and don't even have the foresight to see the church is actually the main thrust for keeping people in poverty and crime. It's pretty sad.

Our club is perhaps the most diverse group of people in Jacksonville.

Just think long and hard before coming here.

#6 lookmomitsme, Sep 11, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007