User Tag List

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 222 to 238 of 824
  1. #222
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default yeah

    yup, ur right man. he is providing a gr8 service fairdo's.

    I think i might try a few of the rackets since i just broke my NS 8000.

    btw, would u recommend a ti-10?

    how would you compare it to an AT 800 OFF or MP 100? more durable? more offensive?

  2. #223
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nano_josh View Post
    yup, ur right man. he is providing a gr8 service fairdo's.

    I think i might try a few of the rackets since i just broke my NS 8000.

    btw, would u recommend a ti-10?

    how would you compare it to an AT 800 OFF or MP 100? more durable? more offensive?
    AT800OFF is more for doubles while MP100 is more for singles.

  3. #224
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nano_josh View Post
    i dont think this review is too good.perhaps you can be more precise in the ratings e.g. do them out of 10.

    And maybe because uve tried so many rackets, you did not have time to try them out thoroughly. Any frequent player that has stuck to one of those rackets could tell you that you were wrong. e.g. yonex AT 800 OFF- the frame duarbility shouldnt be poor. neither should the MP 100 be good frame durability- should be excellent.

    I think you have put a lot of hard work in this review, and we do appreciate it. However I suggest you take some time and revise it to make the review divine!

    ~josh
    Have these players purchased 5+ of each racquet, broken all 5, and played hardcore with them like Dan has? If Dan has 5 AT800OF racquets, breaks all of them in the span of breaking 1 Woven 7, then AT800OF has crappy durability relative to the woven 7.

    Trust me, the way dan purchases and plays with (and kills) racquets, he knows them inside out.

  4. #225
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, we re kind of past that now. But yeah, thanks for the comment, I now understand how reliable Dinks review is & ive been using it 2 find new rackets 2 replace my broken NS 8000--.

  5. #226
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Something must be wrong if you consistently break racquets, not from clashes, but with playing with them in the courts. When you hit a shuttle with a racquet there is a transfer of power. Efficient power transfer means more power is transferred to the bird. Inefficient power transfer means the power is transferred to the racquet and then to the arm. It is this latter transfer of power in the wrong direction that breaks racquets.

  6. #227
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yea, he was talking about before, the critique he received from coaches and other experienced players that he wasn't transferring enough energy to the shuttle.

  7. #228
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    www.badstrings.com
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nano_josh View Post
    i dont think this review is too good.perhaps you can be more precise in the ratings e.g. do them out of 10.

    And maybe because uve tried so many rackets, you did not have time to try them out thoroughly. Any frequent player that has stuck to one of those rackets could tell you that you were wrong. e.g. yonex AT 800 OFF- the frame duarbility shouldnt be poor. neither should the MP 100 be good frame durability- should be excellent.

    I think you have put a lot of hard work in this review, and we do appreciate it. However I suggest you take some time and revise it to make the review divine!

    ~josh
    Hmm just think of dink as a pressure cooker for rackets

    Dan does to rackets which would take me years to abuse, er ahem use.

  8. #229
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can anyone give me a quick comparison on these two racquets? Thanks alot ya!

    Yonex Carbonex 9 SP
    Yonex Muscle Power 30

  9. #230
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philippine
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Dink,

    Have you reviewed the Arcsaber 10 yet? I haven't seen any on your posts. I am considering to get a new racket and I am choosing between the AT900 Technique and the Arcsaber 10. I need a racket that will help improve my drives and drops without compromising power.

  10. #231
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    shah alam
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile At 500

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    I still need to review and double check this, but I think it's good enough to post. Hope it helps.

    Do you tested the AT 500? cause Im thinking to buy it

  11. #232
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nipoy View Post
    Ei Mr.Dink, ever tried AT900T ?
    I have not tried the 900T in 3U


    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    The AT900T is less heavy head than AT900P but it is stiffer.
    All in 4U, I don't think so. I feel the 900P is heavier. It could be that in 3U, the 900P is so head heavy, it makes the P feel less heavy. Anyway, whatever our preference is, both AT900s are excellent performing rackets.


    Quote Originally Posted by noypi27 View Post
    sir dink,

    have you ever tried using a head metallix racket? hope you could make a review for this too..

    thanks!
    Nope, have not tried them yet. There's a Head Dealer here so I make pick-up a few.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    My AT900T 4UG4 CH is head heavier than two of my 3UG5 AT900P,TW n JP.Same stiff.About 10mm difference.Any explanations?
    You cannot compare 3U and 4U rackets proportionally, at least not most the time. Also, specs are not always identical, there is a range or tolerance for the rackets. Don't worry so much about the specs, focus on how it plays for you no matter what the racket is made of or what the specs are.


    Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    dink, where's ur update I'm waiting your review, do you test Carlton? Apacs? YY Saber10? Waiting mode : ON
    No plans for Carlton as I don't have a source to acquire those rackets. As for the Arc Saber 10, I'm not a fan. I tried the 2U version and it felt headheavy and the shaft felt far too flexible. I tried the 3U version and the shaft felt stiffer but that's probably because it wasn't as head heavy. Something just didn't feel right about the racket and I didn't want to play it with any detail. As of now, it's not recommended.

    Quote Originally Posted by koyeng View Post
    Do you tested the AT 500? cause Im thinking to buy it
    The AT500 is an excellent racket for beginner to intermediate players or advanced players that are focused on defense, control and strategy. It's a decent attacking racket but others are better. The focus of the AT500 is all-around performance. It's recommended to highly recommended.

    Quote Originally Posted by carbon14 View Post
    Can anyone give me a quick comparison on these two racquets? Thanks alot ya!

    Yonex Carbonex 9 SP
    Yonex Muscle Power 30
    They are completely different rackets. Get a Cab 30 instead.

  12. #233
    Regular Member issarakaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Polluted City no 3
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    No plans for Carlton as I don't have a source to acquire those rackets. As for the Arc Saber 10, I'm not a fan. I tried the 2U version and it felt headheavy and the shaft felt far too flexible. I tried the 3U version and the shaft felt stiffer but that's probably because it wasn't as head heavy. Something just didn't feel right about the racket and I didn't want to play it with any detail. As of now, it's not recommended.
    Hehehe i feel itchy with Carlton Fireblade series and too bad these model arent come to Asia market also Thx for your review, that's really help me and other (new) member.
    Now i use AT900T, do you have any suggest for other brands and type that have similar character like AT900T? Thx before

  13. #234
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    Now i use AT900T, do you have any suggest for other brands and type that have similar character like AT900T? Thx before
    Assuming the AT900T in 4U...

    ...I'd say the APACs 9600 Tour is comparable but swings a bit heavier due to the actual weight being heavier.

    Also the LX 851, though it's a bit heavier in weight , it's less head heavy so the swing weight will feel comparable to a bit lighter.

    The SOTX Circle Power (CP) swing similarly but I forget which one is closest.

    Finally the Gosen Aermet 5700 is similar too.

  14. #235
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sir dinkalot, do u hv suggestions for any racket that can replace yonex ti-10 white & yellow? broke 1 2 mths ago n the 1 using right now will crack eventually. pls help coz i dun hv money for another ti-10 and very concerned but its durability too.

    pls...............

  15. #236
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Assuming the AT900T in 4U...
    The SOTX Circle Power (CP) swing similarly but I forget which one is closest.
    Not tried the at900T in 4U...

    but, for CP's, I'd say the CP6000 (green) comes pretty close to the headheaviness of most AT's.
    the cp5000 (chrome) is even balanced (and a tad light), the cp7000 is a bit too flexy for my taste, and not like the at900...

    So, Dan, what is your current to-go-racket? x2 gold?
    (or should I say go-to-racket?)

  16. #237
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squallyeo View Post
    sir dinkalot, do u hv suggestions for any racket that can replace yonex ti-10 white & yellow? broke 1 2 mths ago n the 1 using right now will crack eventually. pls help coz i dun hv money for another ti-10 and very concerned but its durability too.

    pls...............

    I'd say go with the purple Ti10, it's stiffer, more stable, better graphite but a bit more balanced in swing weight.

    Other options SOTX Woven 7 and APACS AMP 90/95 which are a bit more stiff and demanding to use.

  17. #238
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    So, Dan, what is your current to-go-racket? x2 gold?
    (or should I say go-to-racket?)
    The info is in my profile.

    Not the X2Gold, that's too stiff, like a board, no feel. Also, don't like the balance, it's just weird.

    I'm using the APACs AMP 90 and 95. Similar to the Woven 7 but noticeably stiffer and a thicker, stronger frame and better defense.

    They're very nice...you'd love the 90 which has a slim shaft (normal compared to other rackets. The 95 has a uber thick shaft).

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DinkALot's Badminton String Review
    By DinkAlot in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 452
    : 07-29-2014, 03:54 AM
  2. VIDEO By Request: DinkALot Strings a Racket
    By DinkAlot in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 310
    : 03-11-2014, 09:10 AM
  3. DinkALot's Shoe & Insole Review
    By DinkAlot in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 272
    : 01-10-2014, 05:53 PM
  4. review request for Dinkalot
    By gy79bc in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 14
    : 06-04-2008, 08:51 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    : 08-31-2006, 01:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •