User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grommets!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grommets!!!

Hello to all seniors out there! I know most player change their string very often, and this will cause the grommets to worn out and need to be replaced. Normally how much do you guys pay for replacement of grommets? And maybe some precious reviews of types of grommets! Heheee =)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

your stringer should replace worn out grommets as they see fit. most stringers will replace them for free if the damage is limited.

if you want to DIY, you can find them in mybadmintonstore.com. i believe they are HiQua grommets and are of good quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my country shop charge ard rm 8 for a complete replacement

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some rackets with uniquely shaped grommets, such as the Muscle Power 99 with concave square grommets and Li Ning 3rd Gen (N50III and N55III) with beveled square ones. These can be quite difficult to replace as there's no OEM to buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    your stringer should replace worn out grommets as they see fit. most stringers will replace them for free if the damage is limited.

if you want to DIY, you can find them in mybadmintonstore.com. i believe they are HiQua grommets and are of good quality.
    hi kwun. visited the mbs website and found those grommets. thanks. but wanted to ask, how about shared grommets? i dont see them selling shared grommets.

Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    There are some rackets with uniquely shaped grommets, such as the Muscle Power 99 with concave square grommets and Li Ning 3rd Gen (N50III and N55III) with beveled square ones. These can be quite difficult to replace as there's no OEM to buy.
    whoa. any pictures of concave square grommets and beveled square grommets? just out of curiosity, doesn't matter if u dont have. hehe. btw, what do you do to these rackets u mentioned once those unique grommets wear out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you better DIY yourself... most string won't bother to replace it... they will twist and turn your grommet... to me if you usually use tension that is more than 27lbs, please replace the grommet after 2-3 time re-string.. the reason why the stringer don't want to replace the string is because they do not have the special tools and it is very tiring to replace it... especially for the shared grommets..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juventus1 View Post
    you better DIY yourself... most string won't bother to replace it... they will twist and turn your grommet... to me if you usually use tension that is more than 27lbs, please replace the grommet after 2-3 time re-string.. the reason why the stringer don't want to replace the string is because they do not have the special tools and it is very tiring to replace it... especially for the shared grommets..
    Ya, I noticed that a grommet can only be used 3 times, unless it breaks before the 3rd time. LOL. about shared grommets, how to make it spread open on the inside of the frame? is it like that spread open when purchased (in other words, can we purchase shared grommets?) ? or we use ordinary grommets and use a special tool to spread it open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone recommend where can I buy original grommet for Lining N55 1st Gen? I've googled and do some search here but no avail. Im in Penang, Malaysia. Thanks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw 360pcs of badminton grommets in eric's ebay. $16

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    you need to leave eric alone

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    you need to leave eric alone
    i don't see anything wrong with that. in fact, i just payed my racket. yay congrats to him, no more questions :P

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do grommet rotation as well as replacement before i start stringing my client's rackets. Yes it does take extra time, but i treat their rackets how i would treat my own. I think that is fair. I even flare the shared grommets so that grommets last longer (using the flare-it tool).

The one thing that i wish i could get access too is the T shaped shared grommets. Those are the ones that i cannot find online that can be sold in bulk. I'm pretty sure a lot of stringers here would definitely purchase those if available. I think you can only order them with Yonex as part of a full grommet set of a particular racket - i'm giving this a try with MBS and the AT-700 premium grommet set.

@DinkAlot - as an improvement to the revelation and precision pro - i think all the shared grommets should use the T-Style grommet instead of the standard.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeahehehehe View Post
    Yeah, saw that too, will have to get some for my XP rackets.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yeah, saw that too, will have to get some for my XP rackets.
    i noticed the grommets on RKEP rackets are not very durable. my clients who has RKEP rackets, the grommets, esp the top single string grommets are all in pretty bad shape.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ True.

I've had to rotate them before each stringing.

I thought it was me and my zm62 strings. But I also notice Panda rackets are like that. Best are Yonex and Victor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have n90 for 2 years, and I've replaced the grommet 3 times. Once I used AT700 original replacement grommet, but now I use high quality(my seller said so) grommet from Taiwan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  Grommet Tools (640x360).jpg
Views: 338
Size:  166.0 KB

Standard grommet tools from Yonex can only remove grommet.. but this tools can create truppet opening for shared grommet also... I can say this is all in one..

Lastly... you must have a variety of grommets (size/length) including T-grommets to replacement..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast