Replacement for a bg66

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Pecheur, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

I've been playing with bg66 for a couple of years now, and whilst it's my favourite string (besides Microlegend), I've suddenly snapped four strings in the last week. Okay two sets were a little frayed, but they usually wouldn't break the way I hit. This has made for a rather expensive week, so it there a string that has the power, control and feel of bg66, with added durability? From the Yonex site, it seems that the bg68ti seems pretty good, though a lot pricier here, any other suggestions?

2. Iwan

Iwan Guest

try the kind of strings fishermen use to catch swordfish ;D hahaha jk... tried bg 65ti before?

3. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Hmm, do you actually know what Pecheur means?

Don't like bg65ti, at the tensions I use (around 21 pounds), it has less power and control than bg 66 and absolutely no feel.

Thinking of 68ti or maybe bg 85, anyone tried these?

4. viver

viver Regular Member

By coincidence I've used these strings on my racquets: BG85 at 24 lbs and BG 68Ti at 20 lbs. Both are good strings but have a preference for BG85 (and BG80). I'm not the power player type (prefer shot placement and let the others do the smashing) and seems that feeling and propulsion the BG80 (BG80 also) is better. It also could be due to the difference in tension. I strung the BG68 Ti with lower tension because it was supposed to play with nylon shuttles. I use BG85 with feathers only.

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I thought u were precheur! Man all thsi while i never noticed! Either way what does it mean?

6. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

What is precheur?

Pecheur actually means fisherman.

7. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Cool, thanks for that, I'm also a control player (having far too many elbow problems to be be a power player ;P), I think I'll have to try both strings, though I haven't really liked any ti strings to date, too damn hard with minimal feel. Never, ever play with nylon shuttles though.

8. Takumi

Takumi Guest

Tried bg68ti
    Strongly recommend this above bg66
    had much more control, power and feel.