Simple question

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bitche15, Jun 30, 2007.

1. bitche15

bitche15 Regular Member

After buying a brand new yonex raquet and removed the plastic from the grip, i placed the thinnest over grip that i can find.. still the im not comfortable with the grip, it feels like a bit bigger.. is it alryt to remove the stock grip of the yonex raquet and replace it with over grip instead? do i have to remove the staples inside the grips wood? or simply wrap it?

2. juris

juris Regular Member

night stalker
    Hi Bitche15

You dont have to take away the staples, just wrap it with an overgrip. Good luck on your games!

3. franxon

franxon Regular Member

no worries bitche15, feel free to remove the original grip. in fact i do so to every of my rackets. and i bet you won't feel any difference before and after you remove the staples. it's fine to leave the staple that fastens the cap with the yonex logo on if you don't feel secure otherwise. it won't damage the racket anyway.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    in this case, shall we use type : overgrip or type : replacement grip?:confused:

5. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Depends on your preference I suppose, some people prefer the overgrip directly over the wood of the handle (e.g. Lin Dan but with a towel grip) as it allows them to better feel the handle edges for grip change etc. However, the snag with this is a higher risk of finger injuries (speaking from personal experience:crying:) due to lack of cushioning

However, in general, most people would use a replacement grip directly over the handle as it gives better cushioning. You can then add an overgrip over the replacement grip if you like (cheaper to replace!)

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    i guess, this mostly depends to user, what kind of size he/she wants it....:D

7. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I always remove the original grip and the staples that hold it in place (but leave the staples holding the end cap) and then put on a Karakal PU grip.

But like other people have said it's a question of personal preference, how big your hands are and what feels right for you. :)

My advice would be to play around with different things until you find something you are happy with. ;)

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Depend on your preference, as replacement grip is usually thicker than overgrip. ;)

9. bitche15

bitche15 Regular Member

based on your experience, what brand of grip do you guys recommend for a sweaty hands player?..
    i dont want to use towel grips:) i heard that karakal grips are very good..
    but do they have the dry ones? (thick or thin, smooth or not it doesnt matter) i just need a grip that doesnt slip when my hands are wet.. thanks!

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You can do a search for Sir Dink's Grip guide. You can't find more complete of a guideline (reference) than his work. ;)