Racquet durability...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Nick, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Nick

Nick Guest

This topic has probably been discussed here hundreds of times but I wasn't here any of those times so yeah...

Exactly how durable are the Yonex Ti series racquets?

I have read some articles saying that they break very easily and the strings are worn out after just a few weeks of play. I am planning to purchase a new Ti racquet and I want to make sure that I'm getting quality made equipment. What is the main reason that racquets and strings break?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ti 10 seems to be the best of the bunch. However, it's being discontinued so snap one up, pronto!!
    Personally, if I had to choose a Ti racquet from the Yonex range, the only one I'd consider would be Ti10.

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    What do you mean "exactly how durable"? In relation to what?

If you do a search on this forum you'll find that lots of people are complaining about broken racquets. Some of those racquets were Yonex Ti models, some were not. People usually don't write here and say "my racquet hasn't broken yet!" so you only get to hear the bad stories...

Racquets break. It's something you have to accept, unfortunately. Sometimes it's you (clashes, bad mishits etc) and sometimes it's the racquet (construction fault, material fault etc). Get a racquet you can afford to risk breaking.

4. Nick

Nick Guest

Haha I guess..

5. Nick

Nick Guest

well i personally think the ti7 is a very durable racquet i've been involved in more than my share of doubles clashes and these aren't normal clashes i mean people have smashed over it the only way it broke was when i forgot to cut the strings after i broke them bummer :) so now i'm on a mp100 2U.. if your a strong i will always suggest the heavier version of the racquet if your playing doubles but of course if you trust your partner and if your playing singles go with the lighter version. Hope this helps Nick :)

Cheers,
    Nick

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    As it is still available in Japan during 2002, its price won't go up as Boron-2.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Are we seeing double?

Or do we have two Nicks here, answering each other?

Or is Nick a schizophreniac?

Or is it his twin brother?

All will be revealed in the next episode of "Racquet durability"!

:D

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Actually, Kwun...

...this made me think that maybe BC registration wouldn't be such a bad thing. You'd still be able to read (and maybe write) as a guest, of course. It would eliminate cases of identical names, it would discourage spamming, plus it would be nice for us "elders" to have some sort of profile on ourselves. Anything remotely like that in the new software?

9. Nick

Nick Guest

Haha another Nick...

I consider myself fairly weak...I can only bench about 100...maybe 110 tops. I always prefer more lighter racquets 3U over heavy ones because I am more of a control freak than a power player. Thanks for the input on the Ti-7. Btw...has anyone ever seen the Light version of the Ti-7? I thought that the Long version was already light but apparently some sites have a Light version too...

10. Nick

Nick Guest

Two Nicks...not related...I'm prolly the younger one (16).

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I never bench but I do play badminton!!!!

12. Nick O.

Nick O. Guest

Bench pressing is good for your explosive movements but so is squats, jerks and so on.. You have to add a little weight lifting to your repertoir if you want to improve :)

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: Actually, Kwun...

yes. i totally agree! we will have registration based forum.

14. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I agree. Registration only takes a few minutes at most. If a poster feels that it is not worth his or her time to register, than most likely his or her posts would not be worth our time to read, anyway.

Also, it seems that after at least a year of complete indifference to the posts on their forum, the IBF website people have appointed a moderator for that forum and have started cracking down on the immature handful of losers who kept polluting the IBF message board with childish flames and drivel. I wouldn't want to see Kevin HS Han, Pang Chen or any of those other idiots switch over to this site, and mandatory registration would deter them and/or offer a way to block them from posting on this site.

15. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: Registration: good idea

Agreed. It will also allow us to keep our e-mail private and yet contactable.

The IBF site has been cleaned up but no guarantee that the idiots who were polluting the site won't be able to post there.

I think most of us are serious enough to go through the trouble of registration.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Those guys did have a good attempt though.

17. Pete

Pete Guest

I totally agree with Peter Kho. We should do something to prevent idiots like the so-called Kevin K.S. Han from appearing in this type of serious forum. :)

18. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager

I agree. These people are pests and should not be allowed to disrupt discussions. BTW, registration isn't going to prevent me from losing my temper and ranting about such things as gym directors who say "You people can play badminton as long as the court isn't needed for something important like basketball," is it? This is an actual example, and he was talking about informal recreational basketball, not a tournament. This was the reason he wouldn't allow us to reserve a court.

19. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Marshall, get the guy out on the court to play a few games and maybe you can change his whole outlook. Two years ago, at our state tournament, I was talking to this pretty large, muscle-bound guy who just played a friend in the seniors bracket. He was a high school (American) football and track coach who loved badminton. He had been a big racquetball player and had heard and accepted as accurate all of the negative comments about badminton being a "sissy" sport for many years, until someone got him to try it. He got hooked and said that he tells his football players its a great sport, more strenuous than tennis and at least as much exercise as racquetball. Sometimes it takes some actual playing to get someone to appreciate the sport.

20. Johnson

Johnson Guest

Brett, your right on with your post. :) A lot of macho guys that play baseball, football, basketball think badminton is a "sissy" sport just don't know what they are missing. Badminton has everything. Power, finesse, strategy etc... Plant a macho guy on a court and get a big smasher and rip him one. His thoughts on badminton will change 360 degrees. If someone gets exposed to any sport he/she will start to love the sport as time goes on.