User Tag List

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Tan Chun Seang

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Thank you to Mr. TCS for check-in again at Hotel BAM.
    Dato, are u the reception of Hotel BAM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c\does hotel Bam need a cook ?? hahHAHA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Dato, are u the reception of Hotel BAM?
    Dato A shd be the Hotel Manager lah............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday July 1, 2011
    Chun Seang gets another two-year ban for walking out on team
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: National back-up men’s singles shuttler Tan Chun Seang has been slapped with a two-year ban – again – from competing in international tournaments for walking out on the national team.
    The only difference this time is that the punishment only applies for tournaments in Asia.
    In 2009, Chun Seang was banned from competing in all tournaments – both in Asia and Europe – for two years when he tendered in his resignation. He returned to the national fold three months later and the ban was immediately lifted.
    While Chun Seang has had to pay a heavy price again, former national No. 1 women’s singles shuttler Julia Wong was let off the hook although she too quit the team recently.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have also come down hard on all non-BAM and independent players by making it compulsory for them to play in domestic tournaments. If they don’t, they will not be allowed to compete in international tournaments.
    BAM coaching and training committee chairman Ng Chin Chai announced these decisions, which are subject to endorsement by the exco today, after a 2˝-hour meeting yesterday.
    He was, however, quick to add that these were not a blanket ruling and would be handled on a case by case basis.
    Chin Chai said they were not trying to curtail or impose unwarranted restrictions on the independent players.
    “Chun Seang and Julia tendered their resignations due to ligament and knee injuries respectively,” said Chin Chai.
    “Julia has contributed a lot to the nation, having played in the Uber Cup, Sudirman Cup, World Championships, SEA Games, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games and also won honours for the country. As such, the committee proposed to let her leave without any penalty or suspension.
    “But Chun Seang’s spate of injuries has prevented him from achieving good results. He has not represented the country in major events nor has he won any titles. Thus the committee’s proposal not to allow him to play in international tournaments in Asia for the next two years.
    “We do not want any player to come and go as they like. There need to be clear guidelines.”
    Having said that, Chin Chai said the BAM also did not want to pour sand on Chun Seang’s rice bowl.
    “We decided to meet him half-way. He can compete in league or tournaments in Europe but not in Asia. We are not going to stop him from making money but we also need to safeguard our programme. The national agenda comes first,” said Chin Chai.
    On the move to get the independent players to compete in local tournaments, he said: “The BAM currently endorse all their participation in international tournaments.
    “From next year onwards, we will only allow them to compete if they support the domestic tournaments. All the states have agreed to this new rule.
    “But we will be flexible. If some are genuinely unable to compete in local tournaments, we may make an exception for them.”
    This is likely to result in a stronger cast at the Kedah Open, which will be held from July 13-16 in Alor Setar.
    Chin Chai said that except for Wong Pei Tty, all the World Championships-bound players would compete in the Kedah Open.
    “Her knee is acting up again and she needs to take painkillers before every match. She will go for treatment and be ready for the world meet,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/services/print...asp&sec=sports

Drama, part 2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAM is ruthless. He is being set as example to others

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    bam like and love drama
    i dont want to post it but i saw it here
    hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why they can't come to terms. Not healthy to ban players. Lively hood all gone. Have to goto europe to play? Crazy.

Must be something very serious that they are not revealing. Anyone knows the truth behind it ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can they ban players from playing in international tournaments ? Can the national assosiation prevent and deny entries being sent to BWF, therefore refusing entry.

That seems really not fair.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me try and understand this lawyer s thinking.

Because of TCS s injuries, he could not achieve results. So when TCS wanted to resign, they rewarded him with a ban in Asia as a compromise. Then this lawyer talked about players come and go attitude. Something s very wrong about management. Well, it looks like he wants to control behaviour but he s losing control. If the players unite and walk out en masse, BAM will have no raw material, the coaches will have no work and the lawyer will have no BAM to run. It s quite clear LCW s playing for BAM on his own terms now because he has the clout.

How much does the MS earn, getting into the first round of a SS. The question is then, do they get paid the prize money since it seems the prize money is paid direct to the BA and not the players? I may be wrong. Someone play detective, can?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    How can they ban players from playing in international tournaments ? Can the national assosiation prevent and deny entries being sent to BWF, therefore refusing entry.

as far as i know, players playing in BWF events needs to get the endorsement of the national organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is genuinely injury for TCS, then I think BAM should not ban him. I am not sure why BAM is afraid of him going for tournament in asia, if he does well, then it should look good for malaysia. If he doesn't, then why worry? It's his life anyway?

I think TCS must have done something seriously wrong to get this kind of ban. I wonder if such 'bans' is in the rule book or they just 'like' to ban people as and when they like?

The media should dig deeper. Will a human rights lawyer be able to comment?

Who got Rajesh email, maybe we can ask her to get more 'insights'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think it depends on the terms and conditions of TCS's "contract" or written agreement with BAM.

Certainly one can sue under the contract if there is any breach. But is this the way to solve the problem?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like the undercurrent is more players gonna walk out of BAM and they are trying to stop the flow with the cork of banning. If all the MS walk out, then they will have no TC squad next year, or if there is , BAM would be the laughing stock if they have to field very young guns for MS2 and MS3 who cannot even get past the first round of a GPGold. Imagine losing to SIN MS2 and MS3 in TC12! Suing is not a good idea unless they have lots of money to throw away. Lawyers get paid whether they win or lose a case. Lawyers are the real winners in any lawsuit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post

Yes, they can ban. Players entries need the 'chop of approval' from national associations. You can read it from the rules of each tournament. If not, many more players would have gone independent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    If it is genuinely injury for TCS, then I think BAM should not ban him. I am not sure why BAM is afraid of him going for tournament in asia, if he does well, then it should look good for malaysia. If he doesn't, then why worry? It's his life anyway?
    I think TCS must have done something seriously wrong to get this kind of ban. I wonder if such 'bans' is in the rule book or they just 'like' to ban people as and when they like?
    The media should dig deeper. Will a human rights lawyer be able to comment?
    Who got Rajesh email, maybe we can ask her to get more 'insights'.
    Even if Rajesh Paul know, I dont think she can reveal. There was a media clampdown after she sided TCS the 1st time TCS resigned. If I remember correctly, The Star(to lesser extent Sin Chew) was the only one vocal enough to critic BAM, the other media sided with management.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel so sad and angry that BAM decided to bully a small fry like TCS. When chin chai said national interest come first. They are wrong, national interest are not same as BAM interest. BAM interst is to continue stay in power and national interst is to make sure Msia will continue to be power houses in badminton.BAM attitude is same like the Gomen. They wanna continue to be in control no matter whT it takes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may not be fair to say BAM's interest is not the same as national interest, or worse their interest conflicts.

BAM is established with the support of the Malaysian government. I'm sure they get annual grants from the government probably via the National Sports Council. BAM's main objective is to develop the game in Malaysia so that in the process champions can emerge to put Malaysia in the world sports map. Then the national interest is served. Lee Chong Wei is a good example and how the nation celebrated when he brought back the singles silver medal in the Beijing Olympics 2009.

Now the Malaysian government, as even the PM got into the picture to encourage LCW, and BAM are putting much resources to assist especially LCW to deliver the gold medal in London Olympics 2012. LCW did not give any problem to BAM, even when his coach MS was changed, unlike TCS who has not made much headway in his professional career so far and is still not a household name.

I don't think BAM is out to bully TCS. It would be foolish to do so if TCS has the potential to bring honours to Malaysia (national interest). TCS must have done something wrong to warrant such a heavy punishment from BAM. Did TCS break any of the rules? So until the details are revealed to us, we should not jump at conclusions that BAM wants to victimize TCS.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast