User Tag List

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 341 to 357 of 480

Thread: Tan Chun Seang

  1. #341
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    TCS has gained everything in the situation.

    We must understand that Badminton in a 'calling' or a 'dream' that not everyone can achieve.

    You may say that Tan Chun Seang 'sacrificed' 7 years of his 'youth' for BAM. Instead,... BAM can say that they 'develop / invested / supported' Tan Chun Seang for 7 years.

    Based on the amount spent on him (allowances / tournament & travelling expenses / coaching & training set up cost) how much do you think it is worth???? It is probably cost as much as most scholarships sending a person for higher studies in Europe or more!

    What has Tan Chun Seang gained and lost from the BAM Ban???? let us analyze:-

    Lost
    1) The right to participate in BWF events for 2 years

    Gained
    1) 7 years of badminton exposure both at world jr level & international level.
    2) Broaden his horizon & contacts accross the world (due to all the travelling given)
    3) 7 Years of FREE badminton training which has given him the 'possibility' of becoming a world class player
    4) World wide 'fame' (ppl from BC Forums know who he is at least )
    5) Freedom to be 'get involve' with ANY Badminton club & League in EUROPE! and the rest of the world.
    6) The chance to get PAID PROPER by these clubs.
    7) The freedom from the TOUGH & BORING training sessions he is so TIRED off.


    Honestly.... I don't understand what is there to complain about?????
    You sound like a used car saleman...LOL

  2. #342
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1 word, RACIST !

  3. #343
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You sound like a used car saleman...LOL

    They are a versatile breed, yes?

    We survive in the harshest environments. Thanks for the compliment.

    Off topic tho.


    Fact is, TCS is now 'armed' with an ability to earn a living with Badminton. This was given by BAM.

    The same obligation most scholarships / study loans would have towards a University Student / Graduate.

    We must understand that these few years of 'studying' or in badminton terms... training are an 'investment to improve self' for the potential better gains of 'future' income. Even both education and badminton.. there is no Promise.

  4. #344
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fwchiang View Post
    1 word, RACIST !
    in this case, i don't believe racism is the issue.
    the shuttlers fined when they joined nusa mahsuri all those years ago were of a different race as well.
    don't get me wrong though, racism is an issue in malaysia, just not in this case.

  5. #345
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    ....It may not have been as impulsive as it looks. As I stated in the other thread, it seems before Hendrawan came, TCS had already told BAM or at least the coaches he wanted to quit but they asked TCS to stay & try out the new coach. I knew this info 1 week before The Star interviewed TCS, you all can make your own conclusion whether to believe or not.

    To me, it also partly has to do with Rashid Sidek, whether when it gets tough he support or not support the players like Rexy does.
    When Gan, TBin Shen, Lin, Chow PC left, it was uneventful. Poh/Chow's departure wasnt even mentioned in the press, yet Gan/TBS, Chow is still playing internationally. + Chow is younger than TCS

    Perhaps TCS feels that it is useless to talk/negotiate the matter with BAM coaches and officials. What are the chances of them will listen? He might concluded that BAM will not accomodate his demands so the only option he got is to quit.

    Besides that, environment and peer pressure can also influence him. Those friends who left BAM and doing well outside and maybe pressure/unhappiness with the training environment / underperforming or expectation to perform by the coaches had taken its toll on him. Ask any national player... who doesn't want to train less, more money and yet being send to many tournaments? In BAM, you have to be the front line or else you will probably sit on the cold bench for the longest time until you perform well.

  6. #346
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    TCS has gained everything in the situation.

    We must understand that Badminton in a 'calling' or a 'dream' that not everyone can achieve.

    You may say that Tan Chun Seang 'sacrificed' 7 years of his 'youth' for BAM. Instead,... BAM can say that they 'develop / invested / supported' Tan Chun Seang for 7 years.

    Based on the amount spent on him (allowances / tournament & travelling expenses / coaching & training set up cost) how much do you think it is worth???? It is probably cost as much as most scholarships sending a person for higher studies in Europe or more!

    What has Tan Chun Seang gained and lost from the BAM Ban???? let us analyze:-

    Lost
    1) The right to participate in BWF events for 2 years

    Gained
    1) 7 years of badminton exposure both at world jr level & international level.
    2) Broaden his horizon & contacts accross the world (due to all the travelling given)
    3) 7 Years of FREE badminton training which has given him the 'possibility' of becoming a world class player
    4) World wide 'fame' (ppl from BC Forums know who he is at least )
    5) Freedom to be 'get involve' with ANY Badminton club & League in EUROPE! and the rest of the world.
    6) The chance to get PAID PROPER by these clubs.
    7) The freedom from the TOUGH & BORING training sessions he is so TIRED off.


    Honestly.... I don't understand what is there to complain about?????
    People, especially Malaysian wont think like that.

  7. #347
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekygen View Post
    Perhaps TCS feels that it is useless to talk/negotiate the matter with BAM coaches and officials. What are the chances of them will listen? He might concluded that BAM will not accomodate his demands so the only option he got is to quit.

    Besides that, environment and peer pressure can also influence him. Those friends who left BAM and doing well outside and maybe pressure/unhappiness with the training environment / underperforming or expectation to perform by the coaches had taken its toll on him. Ask any national player... who doesn't want to train less, more money and yet being send to many tournaments? In BAM, you have to be the front line or else you will probably sit on the cold bench for the longest time until you perform well.
    What is the logic if u are not doing well, you still have the chance to be sent regurlarly participating tourneys?

    Useless to tell BAM? Instead keep quiet, he choose to lie to BAM of his reason to quit.

  8. #348
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,028
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post

    Fact is, TCS is now 'armed' with an ability to earn a living with Badminton. This was given by BAM.

    The same obligation most scholarships / study loans would have towards a University Student / Graduate.

    We must understand that these few years of 'studying' or in badminton terms... training are an 'investment to improve self' for the potential better gains of 'future' income. Even both education and badminton.. there is no Promise.
    One of the fact that still remains -> TCS is banned where others were not, we already debated this in the other thread.

    WIth paper qualifications, at least can get some job that pays higher, better promise. That's true in Msia employment market, you also know.

    With just SPM(maybe not pass also) & no work experience except playing badminton, much less chances for employers in other fields to employ...
    That's what the employers & parents will be thinking & that's the reality.

    So, it's not a surprise those who had study scholarships left, will continue to leave.

  9. #349
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    What is the logic if u are not doing well, you still have the chance to be sent regurlarly participating tourneys?

    Useless to tell BAM? Instead keep quiet, he choose to lie to BAM of his reason to quit.
    That is stated by CS that he don't want to go through the tough training in BAM but still hope to compete in international tournaments...... a privilege that is only offered by the outsider clubs. There are lots of KLRC players who did not perform well but still get the chance to be send to tournaments regularly... where's the logic?

    I don't deny that there is communication problem between CS and BAM. I think CS learned his lesson well and by mean "he thinks" is only base on his own perception which might not be true. That is why in my earlier post i stated that he should have consult someone trustable as a mediator in this matter and not quitting impulsively but he made a mistake by not being honest with his reason for quitting BAM. Even if he is honest with his reason, will BAM let him go...? That's the question.

  10. #350
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,028
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheekygen View Post
    Perhaps TCS feels that it is useless to talk/negotiate the matter with BAM coaches and officials. What are the chances of them will listen? He might concluded that BAM will not accomodate his demands so the only option he got is to quit.
    .......
    The key here is he already talk to them(bf Hendrawan came) or that's what I gather.
    Of course boss is always right, they can pretend dunno when already know, which is a common politics tactic - stimes need to use tape recorder as proof.

  11. #351
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,051
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess TCS wants to have the freedom to be able to play professionally to earn a decent living after sacrificing 7 years in regimental training. Since he is still young and maybe able to settle in to a more agreeable training schedule with another club or on his own, perhaps something like WCH and TH.

    He is complaining because he has been effectively stripped of his liveihood if BAM stick to their guns. Although it is true that BAM gave him the chance to be trained as a professional, TCS must have also played his part all these years by doing reasonably well at tournaments to repay BAM. As other more or less similar cases have gone unpenalized in the past, should not TCS be allowed to be set free of sanctions also?

  12. #352
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perhaps they could have imposed some kinda pay-your-own-way out of BAM deal. for instance, they could require TCS to repay say 20% of his winnings over the next X years.

  13. #353
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    perhaps they could have imposed some kinda pay-your-own-way out of BAM deal. for instance, they could require TCS to repay say 20% of his winnings over the next X years.
    this is the more reasonable solution! i do agree with u!

  14. #354
    Regular Member Badmintan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AMK (Singapore)
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If I not mistaken, TCS already attached.
    Wha, can get girlfriend meh with RM500 per month?
    How to go shopping or eat out in KL (city) with this pocket money?

  15. #355
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ipoh, Penang, Malaysia
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Wha, can get girlfriend meh with RM500 per month?
    How to go shopping or eat out in KL (city) with this pocket money?
    Easy lah! get the GF with a lot of $$$ then GF pay and request for $$$$ also.

  16. #356
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default So..

    - According to this post:http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...postcount=1472, now we know what really happened and the real story why TCS is being suspended.
    - Back to my earlier post. In regards to the 2nd point, is there any written clause in the contract agreement between TCS & BAM, that BAM has the right to terminate or keep TCS for whatever inappropriate action he commits?
    - I can see BAM is trying to teach TCS a bit of a lesson and in a way to still protect him (and still support him financially) rather than to "kick him out into the street". But I would consider BAM's punishment of 2 yrs of not being able to compete to be a bit harsh. I would say a 1/2 yr punishment is enough for TCS to learn his lesson. I mean, okay, he was dishonest and told conflicting stories, but was his action really that bad to deserve a 2 yrs suspension?? Or is 2 yrs the amt of time left TCS has in his contract w/BAM??..
    - If another private baddy club wants to sign him, then let them do so & let him go. I don't see why BAM is afraid of losing him unless he has the capability (or has proven records) like LCW. Afterall, from the incident, they now know his personality/character.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...
    - About the article part on "BAM say the move is in order to protect their squads and training programmes from players defecting to other clubs.", i just don't understand why BAM is so stringent on doing so? Like Jagdpanther mentioned, TCS is no LCW. So, would losing TCS to another club be considered a big loss to BAM?? In addition, by letting TCS decide his own future & fortune, BAM doesn't have to incur more expenses for TCS.
    ...
    - Once accepted by BAM, what's the minimum number of yrs a player is required to stay under BAM? Anyone knows? I assume TCS had read the contract requirements/rules prior to him signing on with BAM 7 yrs ago.
    ...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 09-29-2009 at 04:19 PM.

  17. #357
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TCS can go to Japan club and being sparring partner..seriously....money is good...he can earn easily US$ 2000 to US$ 4000 per month ..plus accomodation..UNISYS, NTT, NEC, Tonami, Sanyo...there are at least 16 BIG clubs...some INA players like Ahmad Rivai, less known than TCS earns good living for playing UNISYS...some INA TOP double players can earn US$ 200 to US$ 300 for sparring per day( for short period time only)...even Alvent got a good contract just for playing UNISYS...

    There is a plenty things to do for TCS for next 2 yrs...go to Japan and at least he can practice the language and badminton skills, etc....all he needs to do is wake up...change some attitudes, and move on..he will be OK..
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 09-29-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tan Chun Seang returns
    By krizlid98 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 10-13-2009, 12:48 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    : 09-15-2009, 05:25 AM
  3. Can Chun Seang Do It??
    By danielwong in forum Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009
    Replies: 29
    : 06-29-2009, 01:17 AM
  4. Now, singles shuttler Chun Seang is hurt!
    By ixory in forum South East Asian Games 2007 - Badminton
    Replies: 11
    : 12-08-2007, 08:33 PM
  5. bao chun lai
    By cyling in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 05-23-2004, 08:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •