User Tag List

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Tan Chun Seang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    They are a versatile breed, yes?
    We survive in the harshest environments. Thanks for the compliment.
    Off topic tho.

Fact is, TCS is now 'armed' with an ability to earn a living with Badminton. This was given by BAM.
    The same obligation most scholarships / study loans would have towards a University Student / Graduate.
    We must understand that these few years of 'studying' or in badminton terms... training are an 'investment to improve self' for the potential better gains of 'future' income. Even both education and badminton.. there is no Promise.
    The way you put your thoughts in the previous posts would be like a car salesman polishing his sales pitch to justify a good deal for a clunker and I am referring to Items Gained:4,6 in your previous posts.

But I do agree with you in many aspects such as it does take a lot of time and investment to develop a MAS baddy player. 7 years of investment, I agree with you, is from both sides and could cost more than most University education costs. It is a very risky business and nobody force TCS or any player to venture into. No venture, no gain.
    If the player turns out to be a champion, he/she can harvest all the cash (unlike CHN, player keeps half) and a potential millionaire Datuk with air stewardess breathing down his neck...hmmmm but if the venture turn sour, big trouble but in the end, can blame no one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    I am glad you use TOP STUDENT. But it is not as easy as you said that to get 3k a month.

Does TCS a TOP PLAYER?

I am sure DLCW had this situation before. But why he can still survive?

No sacrifice no gain. Dont want to sacrifice, just quit to be professional.
    Top Student means TOP GRADUATE la... not the TOP PROFESIONAL!

If wanna compare LCW, LCW is top badminton player in MSIA so gotta compare with TOP LAWYER o ACCOUTANT in msia..

If u compare LCW earnings to TOP LAWYER, LCW is earning peanuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    perhaps they could have imposed some kinda pay-your-own-way out of BAM deal. for instance, they could require TCS to repay say 20% of his winnings over the next X years.
    This is a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    perhaps they could have imposed some kinda pay-your-own-way out of BAM deal. for instance, they could require TCS to repay say 20% of his winnings over the next X years.
    This reminds me of some Singaporean scholars who broke their scholarship bonds and refused to return home to fulfil their undertaking.

Yes, some of them may have genuine reasons not to return yet as they want to do post graduate work, further their research or gather more experience, but some chose to remain overseas because of high-paying jobs being offered to them and their prospective employers are willing to pay off their bonds. At least the Singaporean government is being compensated but in reality it would prefer the scholar to return home to contribute.

It seems fair that TCS has to pay back something to BAM if he wants to quit to have the freedom to play professionally. Some sort of "Transfer Fee" if you like.

But BAM must be consistent in its policy and should not treat players on a case-by-case basis. Some players are allowed to get off scotch-free while others have to pay a penalty. The player's contract must be transparent and fair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hang Jebat is back!

This Tan Chun Seang's case is interesting as I can see 2 school of thoughts here. One group is of the opinion that it is within BAM's rights to protect their 'investments'. Fair enough of an argument. The 2nd group is calling for a review of the salaries and allowances paid to our shuttlers from bottom to the top or vice versa. I too say this group is partly correct in calling for a review as in due honesty, it is impossible to survive with less than RM1,500 a month.

To me, I am of the opinion that this 2 school of thoughts are not hitting at the core of the issue or problem. Its like a doctor giving out panadols to a cancer patient. If we dont resolve the issue or problem at its core, the issue or problem wont go away.

The core of the problem to me is corruption. Yes, corruption plain and simple. It is rampant as reflected by Transparency International. Now, for those who still dont get it, allow me to explain a little further ....

TCS decides to pack up because with earnings of less than RM1,500 a month, he is finding it hard to make ends meet. I dont blame him because the guy is right. It is hard to survive in KL with less than RM1,500. TCS got to pay for his car, for example and lets face it cars in Malaysia costs a lot more. If the government allowed a free-for-all in the car industry then cars would cost much cheaper than they do now. But they canít allow a free-for-all because certain individuls got to be 'protected' so that they can make a lot of money from the car import permits and whatnot. So Malaysians have to pay double what they should actually be paying for their cars. But their salaries are not double what they should be. In the end we end up as slaves to our cars not the other way round.

Ok, some of you may argue TCS should not own a car and use public transport instead. But then again it is because of the sorry state of public transport he have no choice but to own a car. You just canít get around without a car like you can in so many other countries.

Not only cars are expensive in Malaysia. Food is expensive as well as other essential goods in relation to our wages. I mean TCS on less than RM1,500 is finding it hard, I can dare say even for those of us who earns around RM8,000 a month is finding it hard. Lets be honest after all the deductions you have very little or none left.

When corruption does not affect you directly you are not too concerned about it. It is like crime. As long as the robbers do not break into your home to rob you then who bothers too much about the high level of crime? It is when it is you that is hit that you become outraged about the high crime rate and the low level of police enforcement and lack of effort to combat crime.

But corruption does affect us, contrary to what many may be thinking. Sometimes it affects us directly. Most times, indirectly.

As such in TCS's case, BAM can revise and up the salaries but if our basic institutions are not right, I would say even if BAM pay TCS RM5,000 a month it wont be adequate if we allow corruption to evolve in our country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very warm welcome back! Looking forward for your next posts.
    And you should see how all Bcers are missing you. *wink*.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Professional sports

Also I think professional sports in Asia is a bit underdeveloped. Also, depending on the GDP of the country and how much is the per capita.

We don't see comparable multi-million salaries like in baseball, basketball, soccer, ice-hockey and even golf/tennis in Asia even for non All-Star professional athletes.

There is no marketing machinery that sells memorabillia like rookie cards, bobble head dolls, limited edition collectibles etc. Or no market for these items. Or season ticket paying fans to support the sports franchise.

I'm not saying there are no people who will pay a premium tickets like USD100 per game or much more for season tickets. Recently an example is the premium tickets were snatched up when Liverpool FC came to Singapore.

If the sports sells, the athletes salary will skyrocket.
    Last edited by Badmintan; 09-29-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once profesionalism start to develop in MSIA badminton, BAM will lost it grip on $$$ from Gomen. When BAM isnt a "Milking Cow" anymore, most individual who run BAM will leave bcoz they dun have LOVE for badminton. This BUNCH of PPL just wanna MILK $$$ from Baddie!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    So, its RM500 or RM1300.......?
    rm 500 is from BAM
    other than that is not

TCS has gained everything in the situation.

We must understand that Badminton in a 'calling' or a 'dream' that not everyone can achieve.

You may say that Tan Chun Seang 'sacrificed' 7 years of his 'youth' for BAM. Instead,... BAM can say that they 'develop / invested / supported' Tan Chun Seang for 7 years.

Based on the amount spent on him (allowances / tournament & travelling expenses / coaching & training set up cost) how much do you think it is worth???? It is probably cost as much as most scholarships sending a person for higher studies in Europe or more!

What has Tan Chun Seang gained and lost from the BAM Ban???? let us analyze:-

Lost
    1) The right to participate in BWF events for 2 years

Gained
    1) 7 years of badminton exposure both at world jr level & international level.
    2) Broaden his horizon & contacts accross the world (due to all the travelling given)
    3) 7 Years of FREE badminton training which has given him the 'possibility' of becoming a world class player
    4) World wide 'fame' (ppl from BC Forums know who he is at least )
    5) Freedom to be 'get involve' with ANY Badminton club & League in EUROPE! and the rest of the world.
    6) The chance to get PAID PROPER by these clubs.
    7) The freedom from the TOUGH & BORING training sessions he is so TIRED off.

Honestly.... I don't understand what is there to complain about?????
    good then
    give me all ur salary,i give u back rm 500
    then u try to survive for 2/3 years
    see u coplain or not

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Wha, can get girlfriend meh with RM500 per month?
    How to go shopping or eat out in KL (city) with this pocket money?
    haha
    no need to go shopping one
    atleast not for short term
    his gf not malaysian

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    This Tan Chun Seang's case is interesting as I can see 2 school of thoughts here. One group is of the opinion that it is within BAM's rights to protect their 'investments'. Fair enough of an argument. The 2nd group is calling for a review of the salaries and allowances paid to our shuttlers from bottom to the top or vice versa. I too say this group is partly correct in calling for a review as in due honesty, it is impossible to survive with less than RM1,500 a month.

To me, I am of the opinion that this 2 school of thoughts are not hitting at the core of the issue or problem. Its like a doctor giving out panadols to a cancer patient. If we dont resolve the issue or problem at its core, the issue or problem wont go away.

The core of the problem to me is corruption. Yes, corruption plain and simple. It is rampant as reflected by Transparency International. Now, for those who still dont get it, allow me to explain a little further ....

TCS decides to pack up because with earnings of less than RM1,500 a month, he is finding it hard to make ends meet. I dont blame him because the guy is right. It is hard to survive in KL with less than RM1,500. TCS got to pay for his car, for example and lets face it cars in Malaysia costs a lot more. If the government allowed a free-for-all in the car industry then cars would cost much cheaper than they do now. But they canít allow a free-for-all because certain individuls got to be 'protected' so that they can make a lot of money from the car import permits and whatnot. So Malaysians have to pay double what they should actually be paying for their cars. But their salaries are not double what they should be. In the end we end up as slaves to our cars not the other way round.

Ok, some of you may argue TCS should not own a car and use public transport instead. But then again it is because of the sorry state of public transport he have no choice but to own a car. You just canít get around without a car like you can in so many other countries.

Not only cars are expensive in Malaysia. Food is expensive as well as other essential goods in relation to our wages. I mean TCS on less than RM1,500 is finding it hard, I can dare say even for those of us who earns around RM8,000 a month is finding it hard. Lets be honest after all the deductions you have very little or none left.

When corruption does not affect you directly you are not too concerned about it. It is like crime. As long as the robbers do not break into your home to rob you then who bothers too much about the high level of crime? It is when it is you that is hit that you become outraged about the high crime rate and the low level of police enforcement and lack of effort to combat crime.

But corruption does affect us, contrary to what many may be thinking. Sometimes it affects us directly. Most times, indirectly.

As such in TCS's case, BAM can revise and up the salaries but if our basic institutions are not right, I would say even if BAM pay TCS RM5,000 a month it wont be adequate if we allow corruption to evolve in our country.
    welcome back,i miss u
    ^^
    want to go mas open 2010?
    thomas cup/uber cup 2010?
    come come come

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Am i reading this right???..is the one & only Pemuda really back??..

TCS decides to pack up because with earnings of less than RM1,500 a month, he is finding it hard to make ends meet. I dont blame him because the guy is right. It is hard to survive in KL with less than RM1,500. TCS got to pay for his car, for example and lets face it cars in Malaysia costs a lot more. If the government allowed a free-for-all in the car industry then cars would cost much cheaper than they do now. But they can’t allow a free-for-all because certain individuls got to be 'protected' so that they can make a lot of money from the car import permits and whatnot. So Malaysians have to pay double what they should actually be paying for their cars. But their salaries are not double what they should be. In the end we end up as slaves to our cars not the other way round.

Ok, some of you may argue TCS should not own a car and use public transport instead. But then again it is because of the sorry state of public transport he have no choice but to own a car. You just can’t get around without a car like you can in so many other countries.

..wow, and as classic as always, returning with a BANG!!!...

Re-welcoming you back, bud. I hope you're now refreshed.....
    I wonder what you had to do to get your acct "unbanned"??..

Btw, if you haven't noticed, there's now a "LCW-going downhill?" thread that needs someone to crank up the posts count...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give standing Ovation + Grand cerremony for your 'Return'

Never have I read a post that can kill so many birds, cows, buffalo with 1 Stone!

Fantastico!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    good then
    give me all ur salary,i give u back rm 500
    then u try to survive for 2/3 years
    see u coplain or not
    Most Local University Students (Including myself) survived with less than RM500 a month. Some of us for as long as 6 years.

No Study loan paid for any overseas trip for me. Not even 1.

None of use was expecting anything near to RM1K if we are studying.

Do you think Tan Chun Seang graduate already???? I'm sure his China and Indonesia opponents might think TCS in Form 6 ONLY.

Wake up and smell the coffee. The REAL world is out side. Have you faced it????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    TCS can go to Japan club and being sparring partner..seriously....money is good...he can earn easily US$ 2000 to US$ 4000 per month ..plus accomodation..UNISYS, NTT, NEC, Tonami, Sanyo...there are at least 16 BIG clubs...some INA players like Ahmad Rivai, less known than TCS earns good living for playing UNISYS...some INA TOP double players can earn US$ 200 to US$ 300 for sparring per day( for short period time only)...even Alvent got a good contract just for playing UNISYS...

There is a plenty things to do for TCS for next 2 yrs...go to Japan and at least he can practice the language and badminton skills, etc....all he needs to do is wake up...change some attitudes, and move on..he will be OK..
    I totally agree. This is the point I am trying to make.

Happy that you cited these facts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    This reminds me of some Singaporean scholars who broke their scholarship bonds and refused to return home to fulfil their undertaking.

Yes, some of them may have genuine reasons not to return yet as they want to do post graduate work, further their research or gather more experience, but some chose to remain overseas because of high-paying jobs being offered to them and their prospective employers are willing to pay off their bonds. At least the Singaporean government is being compensated but in reality it would prefer the scholar to return home to contribute.

It seems fair that TCS has to pay back something to BAM if he wants to quit to have the freedom to play professionally. Some sort of "Transfer Fee" if you like.

But BAM must be consistent in its policy and should not treat players on a case-by-case basis. Some players are allowed to get off scotch-free while others have to pay a penalty. The player's contract must be transparent and fair.
    If I may answer you,......

There is always an 'oppourtunity' to arrange a 'transfer fee'. The problem was the failure to communicate Openly & Clearly by one party. You know who.

BAM treats players by case to case basis because every case is different. This is the same in court of law or tribunal where every case is unique and the outcome never certain.

In This case... BAM really is trully the Judge, Jury & Excutioner... and TCS was a FAVOURITE player of the Chief Coach.

When someone you Favoured so much 'betrays' you,.... the CUT IS SO SO SO MUCH DEEPER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Malaysian Professional Player

Once upon a time, there was a young aspiring Malaysian badminton player. His Name was AliBabaCHAN (ABC for short)

ABC wanted to train badminton, but he had not enough badminton court. So he lost.
    So, Malaysia made more badminton courts.

ABC did not have any coach, so he lost again.
    So, Malaysia hired coahes.

ABC did not have ppl to train with properly so he lost.
    So, Malaysia made a national Training centre for youth until adult.

ABC could not afford to go for more international exposure, so he lost.
    So, Malaysia sent him to many more tournaments.

ABC still wasn't performing so could not earn enough to eat let alone pursue his badminton career.
    So, Malaysia gave them some allowance so that one day they can stand up right like true professionals.

ABC could not feel the INCENTIVE to become a CHAMPION, so never won any title or did well.
    So, Malaysia started a World Ranking & OLYMPIC Medal incentive scheme.

ABC still not happy with Incentive Programme, International Exposure, Allowance, National Training Centre BUT still has nothing to show for it.

I've cited Indonesia & China players. Fact is, Many budding players in Europe like England would trade places with Malaysian Project players as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..wow, and as classic as always, returning with a BANG!!!...

Re-welcoming you back, bud. I hope you're now refreshed.....
    I wonder what you had to do to get your acct "unbanned"??..

Btw, if you haven't noticed, there's now a "LCW-going downhill?" thread that needs someone to crank up the posts count...
    Just like the great, Napoleon, I was banished to the remote island of Elba. The rest as they say is history .

'LCW going downhill' thread' ... that gotta wait. I just sprung out of prison. Need to get a horse, a nice looking gunbelt with a quickdraw holster and a .44 caliber Scholfield. Cant ride into Boleh town unarmed, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most Local University Students (Including myself) survived with less than RM500 a month. Some of us for as long as 6 years.

No Study loan paid for any overseas trip for me. Not even 1.

None of use was expecting anything near to RM1K if we are studying.

Do you think Tan Chun Seang graduate already???? I'm sure his China and Indonesia opponents might think TCS in Form 6 ONLY.

Wake up and smell the coffee. The REAL world is out side. Have you faced it????
    oh
    is it
    how much u need to pay for ur car from those less than rm500?
    how much u need to give to ur parent from those less than rm500?
    u pay for ur hostel from the less than rm500?
    come on,tell us how u survive
    then i stop this issue
    yes,i say 2/3 year because i dont know what he face in bjss and before the back up squad.
    it was 7 years as u said.
    he didnt have this problem when he study in bjss,no car,no family burden.
    but now
    he is an adult. 23 years old already.

TCS was a FAVOURITE player of the Chief Coach.

When someone you Favoured so much 'betrays' you,.... the CUT IS SO SO SO MUCH DEEPER
    i would like to prove that tcs is not even the top 2 MOST send ms in squad.
    and the level of tournament also different.
    but bwf website not back to normal yet.
    i do discus this problem with kak helang before
    perhaps kak got save the data?

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast