Anyone knows about WINEX rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Smichz, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I just found this racket out.The price is quite affordable,but yet above than average maybe.The quality claimed to be above than average as well.It's made in taiwan.Some popular players that is sponsored by them,r Mia Audina,Budi Santoso.Anyone knows or tried this racket before?:confused:

Thx for ur comments n input in advance!

2. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Winex has been around for many years. It used to sponsor (not sure if it still does today) the Taiwan youth team.

Personally Winex is known to me as the clone of all clones, as they used to produce rackets with model names and colour scheme that are really identicial to Yonex. Even the "W" logo design is just like "YY" overlapping if you just give it a quick glance.

I remembered reading something about Winex's owner openly admit they intentionally make their rackets close to that of Yonex, just to prove that Winex racket not only look like Yonex but also have the quality like Yonex. Well, the latter part is up to you to judge.

I recalled there are quite a number of threads in this forum or the Equipment forum that discuss on Winex. Do a search and I'm sure you can find them.

But yes, Winex rackets is very affordable. I have 2 friends who regularly tavel from Singapore to Bangkok to buy loads of Winex rackets, which cost not more than SGD60 per racket.

I also owned one Winex (Winex Swing Power 900) which I bought in HK about 5 years ago. I dont use it much now.