User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 81
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Plan to buy Pro's Pro Pilot

    Hi everyone,

    I am looking to buy a stringing machine in the UK, after 2 days research, seems that WD strings is a good shop, no complains at all.

    I was told that I should avoid the drop weight ones, and I don't have much space at home, I am thinking to go for the table top one, Pro's Pro Pilot.


    199 + VAT is about 234, with badminton clamps 20 more, is this a good deal?

    Can you experts give some comments before I buy it (not after )) and if I go for this one, any other tools I should buy as well?

    Thank you very much in advance for any comments!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dropweights are good in terms of tension accuracy but they are slow and dangerous to use if inexperienced. the crank machine u shown is pretty good from the specs. i'm not too sure if it is cheap or not. 250 pounds for that machine including shipping is a good way to go if you do not want the hassle of buying things from other countries and paying extra shipping and tax.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thank you very much for the quick reply, considering the warranty it's better to buy from the local shop rather than overseas.. i guess.. yeah i am new to stringing, no experience at all, i should probably go for a easier machine like this crank one instead of dropweight.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Plan to buy Pro's Pro Pilot

    Quote Originally Posted by sudirman View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I am looking to buy a stringing machine in the UK, after 2 days research, seems that WD strings is a good shop, no complains at all.

    I was told that I should avoid the drop weight ones, and I don't have much space at home, I am thinking to go for the table top one, Pro's Pro Pilot.


    199 + VAT is about 234, with badminton clamps 20 more, is this a good deal?

    Can you experts give some comments before I buy it (not after )) and if I go for this one, any other tools I should buy as well?

    Thank you very much in advance for any comments!

    This particualr machine looks very good value indeed, & W&D are a reputable Company, but I would wait to get feedback from actual users of the Pro's Pro machines before buying one. Sometimes you will find that the cheaper machines look the part, but are not very well engineered and so can be much more difficult to use than the better quality machines. If it is only for occasional use then maybe it will be ok, but just be wary, as you tend to get what you pay for with stringing machines. As regards other tools you will need it varies, but a grommet grinder tool is useful for removing damaged grommets and a tension calibrator for checking your machine regularly is a good idea. Spare grommets are also needed.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thank you utopia_imminent and ramada77 for your quick reply, I just found out the price in Germany and Netherlands are the same price, but IN EUROS!!! crazy UK importers always import things from US, Europe and keep the same price but just change Dollars to Pounds, Euros to Pounds....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have exactly this machine since january and strung aprox 20 racktes with it already. it is a great machine with its 6 supports you can savly string racktes at vry high tension without breaking it. Just Buy it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    got the machine, but cannot rotate that crank of the tension head. any tips?

  8. #8
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PLEASE read the manual first. The crank is either locked, like in the picture or you have to loosen the tension bolt as they may have tightened it for shipping purposes.

    Again, please read the manual completely before posting questions like this.


    Quote Originally Posted by sudirman View Post
    got the machine, but cannot rotate that crank of the tension head. any tips?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudirman View Post
    got the machine, but cannot rotate that crank of the tension head. any tips?
    Make sure that the small lever on the top right in the picture is locked by the catch under the string-gripper; then you should be able to move it


    EDIT: DinkAlot, I bought a Pro's Pro machine from W&D strings once and it didn't come with a manual; I can't be sure but maybe sudirman's didn't either

  10. #10
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fast3r View Post
    EDIT: DinkAlot, I bought a Pro's Pro machine from W&D strings once and it didn't come with a manual; I can't be sure but maybe sudirman's didn't either
    Why would they not send a manual? That's crazy.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Why would they not send a manual? That's crazy.
    I think some manufacture just purchase OEM and sell it right off hand. Plus, badminton string machine has quite a small market.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, only machine, and receipt, no manual, no instruction, and I haven't even seen anyone did stringing before... thank you all for the quick reply!! now it moves and sorry about the stupid question..

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sudirman View Post
    Yeah, only machine, and receipt, no manual, no instruction, and I haven't even seen anyone did stringing before... thank you all for the quick reply!! now it moves and sorry about the stupid question..
    I am sure you can get a lot of good info from BC. There's never stupid questions. We all learn and share. Hope you enjoy the process.

  14. #14
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,272
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    I think some manufacture just purchase OEM and sell it right off hand. Plus, badminton string machine has quite a small market.

    What? No receipt and no manual is just not acceptable. And people complain about Eagnas? Actually, Pro's Pro is made by Eagnas. ...

    Anyway...have fun.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default sure

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    I am sure you can get a lot of good info from BC. There's never stupid questions. We all learn and share. Hope you enjoy the process.
    yeah, learning, did first string tensioning ) feeling good now )

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    What? No receipt and no manual is just not acceptable. And people complain about Eagnas? Actually, Pro's Pro is made by Eagnas. ...

    Anyway...have fun.
    looking forward to your pre-string video still Dink)

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    What? No receipt and no manual is just not acceptable. And people complain about Eagnas? Actually, Pro's Pro is made by Eagnas.
    He said he got machine & receipt, but no manual (I guess that would be Eagnas fault then).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pro's Pro Pilot and Squash Rackets??
    By gsloh in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 4
    : 01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
  2. FS: Pro's Pro Pilot table top stringing machine (UK)
    By chicha in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 10-26-2008, 02:41 PM
  3. pilot vs tx-500
    By per fekt in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 1
    : 10-26-2008, 03:22 AM
  4. Pro's Pro Pilot or Challenger 1
    By jjjan in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 11
    : 09-26-2007, 06:22 AM
  5. Pilot Pen 2007 Championship
    By JBKokKeong in forum Singapore
    Replies: 3
    : 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •