User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the photo is not clear enough, you might not be able to see the mistakes I've made ) but anyway I am going to the next badminton session with this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sudirman View Post
    the photo is not clear enough, you might not be able to see the mistakes I've made ) but anyway I am going to the next badminton session with this one

You're right, cant really tell from this angle how long did it take to complete?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8:25-10:18, almost 2 hours. slow but I really enjoyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bigger one, still difficult to see it, but the mistakes are really really obvious, I am really surprised I could be that clumsy...
    Last edited by sudirman; 07-16-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8:25-10:18, almost 2 hours. slow but I really enjoyed.
    That's not that slow for a first attempt; on my first go I made sure not to make any mistakes but it took almost 4 and a half hours; I can't say that I enjoyed it either, it was the one of the most frustrating things I've done in my life but I suppose that the end result made it worth it. Also in time you will learn new techniques making stringing easier as you string more rackets and your time will definitely become lower; my record is now 26 minutes but usually it takes around 35-40 as it's important to keep checking and be careful. Also through experience you won't make so many mistakes. good luck and enjoy stringing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you very much for the feedback!!

Also the knots I have made look horrible, I followed the instructions from the bottom of this webpage: http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp

then starting knot

are these correct or do you have any other preferred solutions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remembered my first time. 1 and a half hours. half and hour alone on the damn knots. after that, i get more and more used to it. but, the time does not get much shorter. that is why i began to pre-weave. it is faster and u can safely string high tension (>26lbs) and minimal tension loss. at the very least, i pre-weave the mains the bottom 4 crosses.

dun worry sudirman, u will find that stringing gets easier once u find the style that is best for you. i know ppl who do the traditional method faster. it really depends. but, i would recommend pre-weaving to anyone who is not able to string using the traditional method in under 30 mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried it today, amazing!! the sound is really nice (24x26), smash all the time....

will try 26x28 next time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you utopia_imminent and ramada77 for your quick reply, I just found out the price in Germany and Netherlands are the same price, but IN EUROS!!! crazy UK importers always import things from US, Europe and keep the same price but just change Dollars to Pounds, Euros to Pounds....
    Might i ask where you bought it from? the price sounds pretty good to me ( i REALLY dont want to convert my euros to pounds. Sterling is waaay to strong to be ordering from england)
    Reaction to the machine seems generally positive. how bad can it be?

thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get the machine from W&D strings. the lady who works there is called Francis and is SO helpfully. I remember when I first called up and told her it was my first stringing machine, she told me all the stuff I needed without any ******** (I hate it when sales ppl try to sell you stuff you don't need).
    Unfortunately, it seems as though you need to be a trader to order from them (as a friend of mine couldn't order from them cos she's not a trader). But then again, nor was I, so I could only recommend you try and see. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered the Pro's Pro Pilot from W&D earlier today and they were nothing but helpful. Apparently, you DON'T need to be a trader; I got worried when the lady told me they had no paperwork for me (), but I explained that I was a first time customer - no problems.

With badminton swivel clamps it came to 219.99 + VAT, so I'm VERY happy with the price; most other sellers want that much for a non-ratchet Eagnas/Pro's Pro dropweight.

My first test subject will be my old AT800 (whose pattern I know off by heart). If all goes well, I intend to treat my AT900P to some BG-85, and then some Ashaway MicroPower. I'll keep you apprised!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also bought the Pro's Pro from W&D, great bit of kit. And just got into my first stringing....2 hours for my first go, 1 and a half for my second. But like other I struggled horribly with the knots. That was with prestringing all the way to the 11th (i think) cross. Really easy to use bit of kit, but I discovered that either my new piece of kit, or the person who strung my raquets before calibration was out. Because 23x25 on my machine is a LOT tighter than on his. Made a little faux pas with my second effort. First racket was done with naff strings as a test, then I got all brave and went for some Yonex Nanogy ones and forgot to tighten the clamps to compensate and they slipped and ate into the outer of the strings....ah well you learn from your mistakes.

Have to agree that W&D are extremely helpful and friendly. Although mine did come with photocopied instruciotns on setting it up and basic use too.

I am off to hunt for tips on doing up the knots.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mishta, do you happen to know if your machine was calibrated by W&D before they shipped it? I have mine arriving tomorrow and I might invest in a cheapo fish scale unless the setting has already been done. Also, was it red, like in the picture? I'd LOVE a blue one, even by mistake.

Many thanks,

M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The calibrator should be digital showing 0.1 lb or 0.1 kg force.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pro's Pro Pilot: A Review (Part 1)

I received mine today, so I thought I'd share some thoughts for those who are considering investing in one:

In my opinion, this is really a mid-range machine at a beginner's machine's price. The feature list is very impressive: six point supports with K posts, two spring assisted swivel clamps, crank mechanism, turntable brake... all for 200. A little tool kit includes needle-nose pliers, side cutters and a nice, sharp awl. No string mover, though.

No difficulty in assembly - all I had to do was drop the turntable onto the base and turn the throat and head supports upside down. The crank head was already attached to the arm, and the swivel clamp bases were in place on their runners. I didn't even need the instructions (which are photocopied, I should add, and could have been more legible).

The crank arm needed some greasing, as did the swivel clamp tracks and brake disc, but that's only to be expected. My machine was ready to rock in under 30 mins. However, I'm unsure if it needs calibrating yet.

As soon as I get my string from HK I'll put up a detailed review of the Pilot's operation - I have to Armortecs dying for some decent rope. Stay tuned!

(On a side note, I have to compliment W & D Strings, from whom I bought the Pilot. Frances, who is mentioned in an earlier post, is an absolutely delightful lady, who never failed to answer a question or to give advice. Since their string prices are at least as insane as those of their machines, and they have an unbelievable range on offer, I think I'll be knocking on their door again soon.)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HELP!!! crank machine experts - problems adjusting the locking arm

Since the crank on my Pilot was difficult to rotate, I looked in the manual and found an adjustment to the locking arm. Unfortunately, my spanner slipped and now I can't get the arm back to where it was.

I can get one of two results: either the crank turns freely with the level popped out, or the crank DOESN'T turn with the lever IN. I obviously need the point right in between these.

HELP, PLEASE!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast