Online badminton shoe...

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by xlasher, Jul 10, 2007.

1. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

Hi,

Have one of you guys tried to buy a badminton shoe online?

How was it?

I want to buy online since it hard to buy them here and I am in the USA Washington DC.

What is the good online shop? and what would you recommend for me with a good price?

Thank you

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

The biggest problem is fitting of the shoes. Since you are ordering one line, you can not try on the one you want to buy. I usually suggest people to try out 1 in store before you order online. Since you can not try one out in DC, you are risking too much by ordering on line. From my experience, Nike shoe size is pretty close to Yonex in length. However, the width is a problem. Please refer to Sir DinkALot's shoe review for better comparison.

3. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

Thank you.... actually there is 1 people that I know as a Yonex dealer here... but he just have 3 type Yonex shoe and none of them catch my eyes.

4. silentheart

What make and model are you looking for? If it is Yonex, he might be able to order one for you. You can try out Yonex tennis shoes and use that size as benchmark. The length of the Yonex shoes is very consistant. Or are you looking for Victor or Mizuno shoes?

5. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

I prefer Yonex but I am okay with other brands name like victor or Mizuno but are there any shop for that?

Thank you anyway... Where do you live? in USA?

6. keeprocking

keeprocking Regular Member

I had ordered my first pair of badminton shoes, Wilson, online. And realized the problem that silentheart outlines. For my second pair I actually tried out the shoes before I bought it and it made a huge difference as I had to select a pair 1 size larger than my normal shoe size.

My suggestion, try out the shoes that the Yonex dealer has. Atleast that way you will know what size fits you and then you can order the Yonex model that you like.

silentheart likes this.
  7. silentheart

There are several good online store you can order from in US.
    http://www.badmintonalley.com/ (I like this one better)
    or
    http://www.badminton.net (more selection but more expensive)