chinese players

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by badmanIaX, Jul 11, 2007.

1. badmanIaX

badmanIaX Regular Member

athlet+student@high school
    hey guys im wondering about how excactly china training their players ?how many aurs do they train per day and what kind of training do they do to be first in the world??
    does anyone know ?

2. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    You can log in to www.youtube.com and search for China Badminton Team and you can watch their video clip there... Pity for them when they jumping on the sands to improve their fitness on the court.:(

3. badmanIaX

badmanIaX Regular Member

thanx for the site.yup ur right pity for them.is hard training.but this only way why they so getting good no ?

4. lina_ngchiuhwa

Clerk
    I can't understand what are you trying to tell me?:confused:

5. badmanIaX

badmanIaX Regular Member

lol i just wanted say, i mean cuz with this training in sand this why they are so good, no ? :)

6. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

A good question for any training system is how much the system produces the players versus how much it selects them.

Think of it this way: are the top players up at the top because their training system is optimized for their needs? Or is it perhaps that they are the players that are optimally trained using the given system?

In the first situation, the players' individual characteristics are fixed, so you have to adjust the program to suit them. In the second case, the coach's methods are fixed (e.g. training is regulated by national training centre) but there is a large pool of players, so it is likely you'll find some players that thrive under that particular system.

Of course, the real answer lies somewhere in between, but I do get the impression that the Chinese system is slightly more to the second case.

7. badmanIaX

badmanIaX Regular Member

ya 2nd case i tink 2 but what excaclty then is their training about.
    no matter which tournament china always on the top 1st.am really wondering under what conditions they're training then.or else wat are differences between europe n' asia in relation with training why is difficult or what do european really lack to beat eastern oppenents ?in so many tournament, is very rare (except Peter Gade) that europeans are 1st.always china,indonesia,malaysia..etc.

A good question for any training system is how much the system produces the players versus how much it selects them.

Think of it this way: are the top players up at the top because their training system is optimized for their needs? Or is it perhaps that they are the players that are optimally trained using the given system?

In the first situation, the players' individual characteristics are fixed, so you have to adjust the program to suit them. In the second case, the coach's methods are fixed (e.g. training is regulated by national training centre) but there is a large pool of players, so it is likely you'll find some players that thrive under that particular system.

Of course, the real answer lies somewhere in between, but I do get the impression that the Chinese system is slightly more to the second case.[/quote]

8. lina_ngchiuhwa

Clerk
    Maybe or more than this...

9. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    when chinese kids start training, everyone starts at the same place and coaches will not change they're training regime just for one extremely talented player. they just get promoted faster than others

only when a player reaches the national a and b teams do coaches train a player a certain way; like playing a specific style or something

10. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    There is much more to the picture than just the training methods employed by athletic development machinery in China to account for the domination seen in badminton & table tennis. (The Chinese have also made great strides in a number of other athletic endeavors as well -- diving, men's gymnastics, some track & field events, weight lifting & women's v'ball).

Many of these of these success factors are very positive. On the other hand, a few of these factors are negative &, as such, will probably never be employed by European countries. (I'll attempt to extrapolate on those few negative factors in another posting).

One very important factor to consider is the sheer size of China = more than 1.3 billion ppl (more than 20% of the world's population). Contrast this with Denmark = less than 5.5 million ppl. This puts China at more that 242 times the (population) size of Denmark.

What I find more impressive that China's dominance is the number of elite Danish players we've seen since the latter part of the 20th century -- this from a country that is very tiny -- smaller in population that some cities in the world. How is it that Denmark has been able to produce so many elite badminton players given its diminutive size?

11. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Just to give you a better perspective on how tiny the country of Denmark (pop < 5.5 million) really is, I'll list the population of some of the world's cities:

Moscow (10.6 million), Shanghai (9.8 million), Tokyo (8.5 million), NY City (8.2 million), London (7.6 million), Beijing (7.4 million).

Source:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_population