Drop in / Court Reservation in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by willyltam, Jul 13, 2007.

1. willyltam

willyltam New Member

Hi all, I am new to this forum. For the past few days, i've been browsing for information on equipments, places to play, etc. This is a great forum. It kind of leave me speechless because everything I want to know is mostly been asked and answered. Quite amazing with a very friendly atmosphere too. It kind of leave me no room for a reason to post a message and I feel weird to just post a 'hi' message.

So I decide to include a more-specific-based-on-my-preference question with this 'hi' message as a starter. So here it is:

I am looking for a drop in, more of a court reservation place to play badminton. I am not a frequent player at the moment, so I don't want to join any club (yet). I mentioned court reservation because I am quite shy, so I would like to be able to reserve a court so I can play with people I know first. (This is assuming most of the club or drop in is based on you're going to rotate and play with stranger - correct me if i am wrong) Also another reason is that, I haven't play for 7 years now, so it will be hard to match up with the more advanced player at those locations or on this forum. Right now, I occasionally play at L'Amoreaux (Drop in - pay as you play). The thing I don't like about this place is that, they are so hard to book. Oh yeah, almost forgot. Location. Mid-Upper Toronto - Markham, Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, etc.

Well, my introduction seems to run quite long. Much longer than I expected. So i'll end it right here for now.

Will

2. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

Try this link.
    http://www.markham.ca/Markham/Departments/RctnServ/DropIn/

The schedule is only good for this summer.

Starting September, it will have a new schedule. Good luck.

3. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

I forgot this place.
    I haven't play there, I just read it from somewhere else.

Metro Sports Centres offers it Summer Badminton Special to everyone for every weekend this summer. Saturday & Sunday from 9am to Close, we offer$10 per badminton Court per hour. Offer is good from June 1, 2007 to August 31, 2007. Reservations required, please email kass@metrosportscentres.com for bookings, be sure to include your full name address and telephone number, or call 416-805-6646 for more information. Cheesy

Here is the location.
    http://metrosportscentres.com/ContactUs/tabid/65/Default.aspx

4. My DY

My DY Regular Member

There's a new place in Richmond Hill (2 months old) called FlyingDragon with nice professional matted courts

They have drop-in some days of the week, and court rental for members (Adult $80 a year-- if you ever start playing more). They have some promotions or something with referrals n stuff, so if you got a group of friends then you might get some goodies ^____________^

I might go to the dropin this sunday morning (10am)... if you decide to come, see you then!

around 16th and leslie (905)918-1318

xiaoyu

5. willyltam

willyltam New Member

Thank you for the suggestions people. Really Appreciate it. I'll take a look at those locations.

6. Tigers_i

Tigers_i Regular Member

hi there willyltam!

I'm also looking for a place to play badminton... I am new here in Canada and for 7 months that i have been here I've been wanting to play but I just dont have any access to a court... I dont even know who to play with... can I play with you and your group?

Jon

you can reach me at 6478897832

7. mrm83

mrm83 Regular Member

can guest rent courts at flying dragon??
    cuz me and my frd would like to play

8. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

guest cannot rent courts. only members. at flying dragon.

9. mrm83

mrm83 Regular Member

ohhh. so if i become a member, then i can rent the court and play with my frd?? we dont need to both be members right??

also, is the place busy?? how early are bookings required??

10. My DY

My DY Regular Member

ya only 1 member required. I called in at 5:30 to reserve for 6 oclock once, so i dont think theres a time restriction

o yeah and you can check out their dropin times if you wanna play there without membership, but if youre both joining, ask if they still give out free courts when you refer a freind. 905-918-1318

#10 My DY, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  11. ahson

ahson Regular Member

Computer Technician
    I'm also a newbie like the OP who wants to find somewhere to play badminton. I'm not ready to join some drop-ins, as some of those people there are quite high level. I would like to rent a court to play with my friend, as more comfortable to play with each other.

So....I read thru the replies in this thread and decided to call Flying Dragon...

Just called Flying Dragon regarding their price rate, they said membership is $80 + you'll need to pay for the court rental everytime you rent it.

$15/hr during weekend
    $10/hr during weekdays morning

Seems like Metro Sports Centre (provided by a member from the above) is a more bargain place to play badminton. Especially for a newbie like me, Flying Dragon is a bit too much $ for me. Will try to book a court in Metro Sports for this weekend.

#11 ahson, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  12. mrm83

mrm83 Regular Member

where i smetro sports?

13. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

Birchmount/Ellesmere

14. mrm83

mrm83 Regular Member

anyone know what the waiver is and what the rules are for metrosportscentre ?