Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread: Brooklyn Open 2007
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM #1
Brooklyn Open 2007
The date for Brooklyn Open 2007 is set to be Sat 8/18 (8am - 6pm). I believe this open have the following events/flights:
WD: 1 flight only (round rubin as previous years, I think)
Detail information such as game format and fees will follow soon, as I need to confirm the infor 1st.
Come and have some fun.
You can also check www.brooklynbadminton.com for more information.
07-14-2007, 07:23 PM #2
The initial proposed game format (subject to change, depends on # of entries):
1st round - Quarter final: 1 game of 21 points
Semi and Finals - 21 x 3
The flights are following A drop B, B drop C format. Therefore, MD guarantee at least 3 games. WD should be about the same, as it's round rubin. MXD is 2 games at least.
A lot of prizes availabe with the additional sponsorships!!!
For details, please contact www.brooklynbadminton.com for details.
07-16-2007, 10:18 PM #3
Hey LB, do you have any clue on how much is the registeration fees ? Or are they still deciding ?
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM #4
However, I think the management is still trying to figure out the final decision, as they are finalizing the sponsorship. I don't think the price will be changed significantly, but might be within several $ range.
For up to date information, I suggest you to contact BBC Management (Sunny) directly.
07-19-2007, 12:08 PM #5
Just received the confirmation from Brooklyn Badminton Club, please referring the following for details:
Brooklyn Badminton Tournament
August 18, 2007
The Brooklyn Badminton will have its annual tournament on August 18, 2007, in John Dewey High School of Brooklyn.
As the sport of badminton getting more poplar in the tri-state area, our tournament is getting a great responds from the business community in Brooklyn. The total value of prizes is worth over $6000. These sponsors are
1. Main PS, 萬域電腦, 340 Kings High Way, Brooklyn, 11223, 718-627-3977, Mr. Joe Zhou.
2. 8th Ave Electronic & Appliance, 國美電器, 5706 8th Ave, Brooklyn, 11220, Franky Lin
3. Nick’s 18th Ave Auto Repair, 明氣車修理, 8617 18th Ave, Brooklyn, 11214, 718-837-9898, Mr. Nick Wu
4. EOT, Empire One Telecommunications Inc.
We greatly appreciate their support and your participation, and hope this tournament will bring the sport of badminton to more people in our communities.
The format of the tournament
1. Men’s double will have A, B, and C group
2. Mix double will have A and B group
3. Lady’s double will have one group only
4. First round will be decided by one 21 points game only. So as the second, third, fourth and or the fifth round. Semi final to finals will be decided by three 21 points game.
5. Each player can play only two events.
Time: From 8 AM to 6 PM.
At 8:45 AM, we will start the Men’s double, then the mix double and the lady’s double. All games will stop at 5:30 PM for the presentation of prize and trophy.
Fees: $18 for each participant and free for all current Brooklyn Badminton members.
Please enter your team by e-mail only to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. No more entry will be accepted after August 10, 2007.
For direction to the school or other information about the Brooklyn Badminton, please check http://www.Brooklynbadminton.com
Thank you all in advance for your participation and your support of the Brooklyn Badminton.
July 12, 2007
Please visit www.brooklynbadminton.com for up to date information, and contacts!
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM #6
Will there be...
..pictures, LazyBuddy???...If so, mind sharing with us all..
07-23-2007, 09:36 AM #7
For the past 2 years, they do upload some pictures after the events. So, wait and see.
08-10-2007, 02:07 PM #8
I believe the registration dealine is this weekend. Hope to see some local BFers in the tourny.
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM #9
Up to today, I was told there are at least 130+ entries received already, highlighted by MD of 50+ teams.
The management was under discussion, to see whether there will be minor format modifications to be issued, due to the unexpected popular entries. Overall, the managment will do their best, to make sure the event run smoothly, to give as much playing time as possible to each players, as well as to make sure the events to be finished on time.
If there's any update regarding the final decision, I will post it here. Overall, just be prepared to have a fun day (games and raffle prizes ) and some good quality of games.
Myself will playing 2 events, as well as helping out the event management as I did last year. Hopefully, I can survive after a whole day of games, running and screaming.
08-15-2007, 03:18 PM #10
Some format modifications
Due to the unexpect large # of entries, there are some modifications regarding the game formats. If you registered, you should get an email today, which including the "pasted" messages I have in the below section, as well as the entire registration roster. If you can't find your name in the email or never received that email, contact the management asap, as they are doing the draws.
Here are the final game format as it's posted (some of the chinese characters might not be displayed correctly, but those more like sponsors' names):
Please go to http://brooklynbadminton.com/our_location.html for the direction to John Dewey High School.
Here are some of things you should keep in mind on August 18, 2007 (Saturday).
1. The gym will open at 8:00 AM for us and you can come early to get yourself ready for the games. When your name is called and you are not there, you will be automatically disqualified.
2. Please pay the fee of $18 by the door as you come in, and sign some other papers. (you will feel sorry later if you don't sign and leave early)
3. All men team should be in the building no later than 8:30 AM, lady by 10:15 AM, and XD by 11:35 AM. We will start the men's double first at 8:45 AM,
4. Women double start at 10:45 AM. Mix double start around 12 PM.
5. To make a better management of the tournament, all men's teams report to Chris and Jay Lee, ladies report to Brenda Pang and Vera Lee, and mixes report to Lei and Kenny Pang. They will tell you which teams go first or which court to play the games, and you should also report the results of the games to them.
6. Format of the games:
A. For Men Double, all start from group A, winner stays in A and loser goes to C.
B. At second round, loser of group A goes to B, and loser of C will be eliminated.
C. Mix Double, all start from group A, winner stays and loser goes to B group. From there on will be all eliminations.
D. Ladies will be divided into 4 groups, top one goes to the finals.
E. All MD and XD will play one 30 point games (no deuce or tie, who ever reaches 30 first wins the game). From semi-final on to the finals will play the best of three 21 point games. Women will play only one 21 point games in their group. Play off will play the best of three 21 point games.
7. All players should bring in their own shuttles. Our long time supporter, the Ave O Dream Kitchen of Brooklyn will have a special 10% discount on lunches for all participants. Their number is 718-331-6188. You should make your individual orders and they will do the delivery altogether around 1 PM.
8. Prizes: 1 st place, PC Printer; 2nd place, PC camera, both from the Main PS, ÈfÓòëŠÄX, 340 Kings High Way , Brooklyn , 11223, 718-627-3977.
3rd place, free oil change for passenger car from the Nick's 18th Ave Auto Repair, Ã÷šâÜ‡ÐÞÀí, 8617 18th Ave , Brooklyn , 11214, 718-837-9898.
All participants will receive a 1000 world wide minutes of phone card (value $10 each) from EOT, Empire One Telecommunications Inc.
9. FINAL SURPRISE: At the end, we will have a game of Raffle Prize, draw from your names (the one you sign when you come in), Only one lucky player will have the GPS (value more than $300) from the 8th Ave Electronic & Appliance, ‡øÃÀëŠÆ÷, 5706 8th Ave, Brooklyn, 11220. Another Five lucky players will receive the Izod T-shirt with our club's logo. To make this fun fair, you have to be there, your friend can not take it for you. When your name is called and you are not there, we will have another draw.
Thank you once again for your support and participation. See you on the 18th of August 2007.
The Brooklyn Badminton
Hope see some local BC/BFers on saturday.
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM #11
Brooklyn Open 2007 was a success, consider the huge number of entries we need to handle. After a day of games and management work, I feel like my legs are totally gone At least, got to enjoy some nice games, and quite a few local BFers were there as well.
Here are some pictures: http://www.brooklynbadminton.com/2007tournament1.html
By LazyBuddy in forum USA EastReplies: 15: 11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
By yeeloon928 in forum India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Macau Open 2007Replies: 309: 10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
By huangkwokhau in forum India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Macau Open 2007Replies: 1136: 09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
By baopen in forum USA WestReplies: 14: 06-30-2007, 03:30 AM
By LazyBuddy in forum USA EastReplies: 12: 12-28-2006, 01:26 PM