Yonex: Made In JAPAN!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yogi, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Is Yonex allowed to advertise on their rackets that all of them are made in Japan! What do they technically mean by MADE in JAPAN! Can the word “Made” be Interchangeably used for DESIGNED! I am sure that the R&D is Located in JAPAN but then The rackets as we know are made in China Or Taiwan! Sometimes it is Outsourced also! So how can Yonex claim that all Their rackets are MADE in JAPAN! I think it is a false claim That Yonex seems to Make about their rackets!

I am sure they have a Product and Process patent! But that does not mean That they can clearly write that all their rackets are made in Japan! Think of the clothing Industry! Most of the Top brands are Outsourced to countries like India, Thailand, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka! But all the manufactures clearly say that It is made in That specific country! Similarly in shoes too! So how can Yonex go about claiming that all their rackets are made in Japan!

I would like everybody’s views on it! Thanks fella’s! I think technically every Yonex racket owner can sue the company!

2. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    Well only there top of the line rackets say that.I think they make it in japan and ship it out to like asia,tiawan,etc... but then the JP versions are designed even better for the players in japan.

3. jhl

jhl Regular Member

when they say "made in japan" it could technically be the shaft which is made in japan rather than the whole racquet. if this view is right, than there is probably no misrepresentation on the part of yonex.

4. Yamoto

Yamoto Guest

I think what it means is that the materials used for the rackets are made in Japan. Not necessary the assembling process. Maybe Yonex is trying to play on words here and manipulated people.

5. how do you know the rackets are not made in Japan???

I'm just don't understand how could you know the Yonex rackets are made in China or Taiwan????

Would you mind to explain more?

6. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    The serial number on the shaft tells where it's made. From what I know, all the yonex racquets have MADE IN JAPAN on them.

7. John

John Guest

hey yogesh,

stop yepping about. get a life

8. newbie

newbie Guest

When a product says made in Japan, it means it is made in Japan, ie. assembled, not neccesarily the material though. I have several Yonex raquets, most cheaper models, but only the mp100 I just got the other day says made in Japan.

I'm sure that if their claim is false, they'd already been sued by their competition.