User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was just reading this and thinking everyone measures differently and might even convert wrongly (although you've probably used a converter).

"align the ruler with the bottom lateral crease of your palm"

Thought it a little vague at first but I guess it's simply the middle of the big three lines, aka the "head line". Look at the difference already of the position of the line in both pics! Mine is definitely lower than in the actual pic ...

Aligned to the side of my ring finger (as in the real photograph) I measure 12.4cm with circumference of 8.0 and 8.4cm (8 = single overgrip on wood, 50% overlap; 8.4 = single replacement grip on wood, no overlap. Both G5 I guess, ZELM and Panda Power). Put me down for 8.4.
    Seems extremely small compared to the previous measurements so therefore was wondering about the conversion from inch to cm? I don't have big hands at all and measured the circumference with 2 different rules/tape measures. Measuring an actual Yonex G5 (with plastic wrapper still one) I get 8.1cm, so let's make that an 8.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-13-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the backing of a replacement grip and marked the overlap to measure....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have no idea what grip I am meant to be using, I started with just G3 no overgrip, then went to G3 + towel grip, that lasted for several months, (obviously changing the towel grip many times) then went to G3 original grip + 1 super grip, then ripped off the original grip and used thewood with karakal ripple grip, to now just using wood + 1 supergrip
    So I have went to really big to quite small in terms of grip

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you'll find out soon enough if it's a ZELM 10k that you ordered. That's the one I have measured at 8.0 with a single overgrip ... (50% overlap should make it 1.2mm, I believe the Karakal supergrip is 1.6mm). Can you measure your wood+supergrip combo? I guess it should be 9.0cm. If not then my measurements are messed up
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-13-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The size will change over a period of time as a person matures. It's just preferences and tastes. Some will swap between towel grip and synthetic grips.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi ppl ... After reading these posts for trying to confirm the grip size for me (scientific way and disregarding the tastes matters), I found the formula Gs=hx0,74 (all in cm) gave a result a little lower than the grip size i use. I ve h=10.5cm (I have a small hand).
    I have a SOTX racquet and grip size G3 (SOTX G3 = Yonex G4) and with no overgrips. This grip size allows me to change grips fast and I can have the all the gaps as shown in LJB grip video, so I think theoretically I am using a grip # suitable for me.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get 11.7 cm where indicated on the diagram, and I prefer YY G5 down to the wood with a 1.7 replacement grip; any thicker and I start to lose wrist articulation. I just barely hold the racket when not hitting and this grip size makes such a light grip very comfortable.

There are some rackets where I play with - picture this - THREE KSPU on a YY G3, and these are being used by 13-15 year olds. I have no idea how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    There are some rackets where I play with - picture this - THREE KSPU on a YY G3, and these are being used by 13-15 year olds. I have no idea how.
    That's a tennis grip! at a guess played with tennis strokes as well

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time I get one to string I'll put it next to mine and take a picture - it's hysterical. Actually, gsloh called it - a lot of those kids rely on shoulder and arm strength at the moment.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My equivalent measurement is 116mm and I like yonex g3. the panda power 'g5' is too small for me I think.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OK - can anybody beat this?

Behold the Pringle tube that passes for a grip on one of our club rackets. For the record, the black grip is 4 5/8 inches around, being comprised of a Victor G4 factory grip and three Karakal Super PU; my T2, next to it, is 3 3/8 around.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY COW!!!!!!!! That's like the hitting part of a baseball bat!!!!!! Totally ridiculous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer big grip size as well. Since all the rackets i have are within G3 & G4 sizes, i'll have to add 1 layer replacement grip over the original grip, then 2 layers of overgrip! The problem is, my head-heavy rackets are all now feel like light-head! I love head-heavy rackets but hate small grip size. 1 replacement grip (Yonex cheap replacement grip) + 2 overgrips = light-head racket. Does someone have the solution for this? I also tried to replace the manufacture grip with thicker replacement grip (1+ mm), but then i'll end up adding 2 extra layers of overgrip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Behold the Pringle tube that passes for a grip on one of our club rackets. For the record, the black grip is 4 5/8 inches around, being comprised of a Victor G4 factory grip and three Karakal Super PU; my T2, next to it, is 3 3/8 around.
    I've seen a similar grip - although even larger (!) - than the one on the right. I did use such a large grip once but I quickly went back to my usual grip size cos the 'elephant trunk' sized grip just felt weird and the hitting sensation was horrible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4