YONEX Muscle Power 29LT

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dannyboyuk, Jul 18, 2007.

1. dannyboyuk

dannyboyuk Regular Member

Does anyone have one of these raquets, I have just bought one and wandered if you guys enjoy its abilities ?!

I dont smash too much but when I do I want control, the reviews I have read seam to indicate that this is the don. :confused:

2. dannyboyuk

Also numpty question #1 - what does '3U' mean ?

3. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Not used the racket before, but for your other question, 3U is the weight range of the racket, 85-89g frame weight

4. dannyboyuk

I thought G3 was the weight.

5. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

G3 is the grip size

6. dannyboyuk

oh cool, hope its bigger than my old isometric 60 light

7. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

MP 29 LT - Good Racket

MP 29 is a good racket. If strung properly, it can be pretty powerful too for intermediate users. I string mine at 22 x 24 lbs and get excellent power out of it. The best power I have got out of this has been with Carlton Aerogut 66 string. With the new NBG 95 and 98 now available, those should add good power to the racket.

8. dannyboyuk

Good good, I had it delivered a few days back and looks good. Looking forward to giving it a good hit.

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    give us a review after you have tried it. :D

10. dannyboyuk

Just had my first game with it yesterday and it’s a vast improvement on my old ISO 20light. It has helped my game I can hit baseline to baseline now where my old racquet I couldn’t (even after being restrung). Its so light, blimey its almost weightless, this has effected my smash :( for the worse, however it’s a timing thing now as the racquet is so light I'm still a little early in my swing. Hitting the floor has been an issue.
    One thing to note is the control, either my last racquet wasn’t very accurate of this one is too accurate for its own good. Some cross court shots I'm sure would of landed in before are now not hitting the spot intended. At this point I would like to point out I'm in no way a good player however this is mainly due to my lack of fitness and speed round the court. This racquet seams to have opened a can of worms for me. So major adjusting is required to both my swing, flick and all sorts due to its lightness, but I can see the benefits of the racquet with its lightness, speed and control all looking fantastic. Even my partner said I had performed a lot better with this racquet even though the holes in my game have shifted.