Karakal rackets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Simon, Dec 6, 2000.

1. Simon

Simon Guest

What do people think about Karakal rackets?

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    What do people think about Karakal rackets?

Sorry can't help you but can you tell me where i can find pictures of them? I have never heard of them before. And which country made them?

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I never heard this brand too. Are you referring to "Kawasaki" ? It used to be a well known brand 15 years before, but it seems that it became very unpopular nowadays (I still found this brand in Taiwan, but not HK anymore).

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    amazingly, I have heard of this brand for racquets and even seen a couple. The brand is more well known for grips, strangely enough. I'm surprised Karakal racquets are still around. It was many eons ago that I caught a glimpse of a Karakal racquet in a land far far away.

It's definately different from Kawasaki.

5. Simon

Simon Guest

I can't believe that yous haven't heard of karakal.Cheung is right they are a lot more well known for there exellent range of grips but they also make a range of rackets including "the lightest frame in the world" at an amazing 70 grams. you can see pictures of them at www.karakal.com

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    interesting. they have racket that is made of 10% titanium. yonex only use a mesh, which is much less than 10%. i wonder how much difference in feel the larger percentage of titanium makes.

and about that 70g racket. i personally thinks that hardly playable. the racket will hold no momentum at all and it will be hard to control since it will be deflected by the slightest mishit.

the sweet spot for racket weight seems to fall between 80-95g.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A 70gm racquet?! People be careful. If you r not used to the weight and still put your best effort into the shot, there would be a risk of injuries to the shoulder and elbow.

8. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I agree with Cheung, 70gms? Thats really light and i think i would be getting plenty more injuries to the 2 i already have. Maybe too light isnt good after all. Would be good for kids though...