Nanospeed 8000 or Nanospeed 9000 Type S???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by thunderstrike, Jul 18, 2007.

1. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Regular Member

Student
    Hello fellow BCers!!
    I need all of your opinions on which racquet in your opinion is better. I narrowed all of my choices down to two rackets: The Nanospeed 8000 or The Nanospeed 9000 Type S. Please post your opinions/experiences you have had with either/both racquets.
    Thanks.

2. vin88

vin88 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi Thunderstrike.
    I have played with the nanospeed 9k type s, strung at 22lb for 9 months now, playing 3 times a week, and IMHO its a great racquet.

PLUS:
    light and very easy for defence
    very forgiving even when you miss hit the shuttle
    very good for net play and drives
    not that powerful for smashes

MINUS:
    Paint chips off quite easy

* Best to have a hit with a friends racquet if possible.
    Hope this helps

3. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

hey thunderstrike, i have played with both racquets but with somewhat different specs. The NS8k was 3U and i was not able to tell what string it was, probably bg65 at around 23-24 lbs. The NS9k was 2u with bg68 ti at around 20-21 lbs.

I found that the NS8 generated more power and was head-lighter than the 9K. Overall, both racquets were easy to swing and they did fine for defense. The 9k was definitely more forgiving than the 8K and i felt that the 9K was more stable *maybe because of the wider frame* both racquets seemed equally powerful.

hope it helped :D

4. flyzz

flyzz New Member

I play with both ns9ks and ns8k. Pretty much agree with vin88 regarding ns9ks, except that I feel more wrist motion is needed in order to generate good smashes.

My ns9ks is definitely more head light than ns8k. Their BPs are off by about one finger width in my uncalibrated measurement. my ns8k is more like a balanced racket and is easier to smash. Both are strong for drives and defense. The stiffness is about the same for both.

Hope it helps

5. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    It would help the BC-ers better if you could state your style of play.
    NS9000S & NS8000 plays entirely different, so any details that you provide could be useful(about yourself).

6. haifeng7

haifeng7 New Member

Student
    id say NS9k S,
    it is light, easy to defend wif, & looks better.

7. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

i have used both NS8k (3uG5) and NS9kS(3uG5). from my experience, the NS9kS is easier to use. the ns8k's extra stiff shaft meant that you need to be stronger in order to flex it and if you're not able to do that, then you've just spent a lot of energy to produce less.

8. waliao

waliao Regular Member

Student
    Thanks a lot guys, I've made the purchase of the Nanospeed 9000 Type S 3U G5 - it feels great! =)

9. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Ns8k: Definitely can feel the headlightness + the extra stiff shaft. Produces power very responsively and control is superb! Only con about this racket is the durability due to its slim head/shaft. Seen many broken already. Id say its more of a singles racket( personal preference though)

Ns9k: Not as headlight. A little easier to generate power due to its "stiff" shaft. Power and control are great. Just one con as well, has kind of a hallow feel to the racket( maybe because i dont really like the NS series that much?). THis racket heads towards a fast pace doubles game as it is easy to generate the power. You could use it for singles but there are better options open =]

Mine were strung at 25lbs bg-80's. Hope this helps =]