ISO racquet similar to Cab 21?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Tammy, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Tammy

Tammy Regular Member

If I searched for a racquet that is similar to Cab 21 (balance, stiffness, control, power, maneuvrability), but a little bit lighter and has an ISO head (for larger sweetspot), would Ti SP SS be a close choice? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

2. chris

chris Guest

after using Cabonex series for many years, I'm switching to Ti and ISO series. These lines of rackets are stiffer, excellent control and the ISO head really helps when you hit it off the spot. Oh one more thing, Ti and SP are longer than the cab. about 1cm, may be 2. I'm just eye balling here.

I bought the Ti-10 right away, don't mess with the Ti-7, 5 or what ever. The ISO SP was also excellent and I felt no performance differential using SP or Ti-10. I think that was mostly because I used the cab. so much that the extra weight made my feel insensitive to such slight differences, if any.

Chris

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I think the closest would be Isometric Swing Power 900 SR. My team mate has a Isometric Ti Swing Power SS (lucky punk!) and it doesn't feel at all similar to my Cab21. Iso Ti SP is more powerful, with better control and much bigger sweet spot than Cab21, although Iso Ti SP is slightly less agile due to heavier head design. Iso Ti SP in my opinion, feels closer to an MP77.

Recently I have tried a Cab23 Muscle Power and the most noticeable difference is the extra power behind it - it also feels a tad head heavier than the Cab21. Guess it is kind of an evolution - same general Carbonex 21 feel, with more power.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Are we talking about the original cab21 or the cab21 special?

I've tried Iso900 and it feels nothing like cab21 (orig)

5. Tammy

Tammy Regular Member

My Cab 21is original. I'd think ISO 900 SR is more head heavy than my Cab.

6. Sixpack

Sixpack Guest

Can you still buy the isometric swing power? thanks

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's a rather interesting observation. I didn;t think the Iso900 as being particularly head heavy