User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 273
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Phillippines Open 2007 - July 20 - QF

    Might as well get the ball rolling. Hope the tournament organizers can hear our disappointment with them on BCF. My takes:

    WS

    Yihan Wang over Adriyanti Firdasari. What can you say, a thrashing is imminent
    Jingjing Zhu over Anna Rice. At least Anna has made some $$ by fluking it to the QF
    Mi Zhou over Yu Hirayama. There's no stopping ZL on her comeback trail
    Pui Yin Yip over Juliane Schenk. The in-form Yippy takes on a much improved player that's always tough. Yippy to roll on

    MS

    Hong Chen over Tien Minh Nguyen. Once in a while Nguyen gets on this hot streak and disposes of several top players. I think CH has too much for the Viet and should win in a spirited match
    Sung Hwan Park over Kenneth Jonassen. The young Korean has the physical tools to take down the veteran Dane. Question is does he have the smarts? A close one going to Park
    Ronald Susilo over Sony Dwi Kuncoro. Ronald will take it... just a hunch.
    Chong Wei Lee over Weijie Gong. Many see this as a potential upset but I think LCW is so confident at the moment he will brush anyone not named Lin Dan aside. LCW in straight games

    MD

    K.K. Koo/B.H. Tan over R. Sukmawan/Y. Suryatama. Feels like KKK/TBH needed a couple of games to shake off the rust. They're looking good and will advance
    S.H. Han/G.W. Cho over C.H. Tsai/C.H. Hu. Fighting Koreans will nip it in a close one
    T. Ohtsuka/K. Masuda over A.S. Njoto/Y.H. Wirata. Two average pairs duke it out with the JAP men edging it
    L. Hadiyanto/A. Yulian over Z.D. Guo/Z.B. Xie. Just when I had written the veteran INA pair off, they hit a purple patch. They will move on at the expense of a game Chinese pair

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Naah Sony will win, and Kenneth will win

    /Twobeer

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    agree with all except the following:

    sony and njoto/wirata should prevail i think, i can't really see them losing.
    there are some good games in store though, slightly dissapointing that some of the top players have lost, like BCL and TH, but it'll still be fun nonetheless.

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Might as well get the ball rolling. Hope the tournament organizers can hear our disappointment with them on BCF. My takes:

    WS

    Yihan Wang over Adriyanti Firdasari. What can you say, a thrashing is imminent
    Jingjing Zhu over Anna Rice. At least Anna has made some $$ by fluking it to the QF
    Mi Zhou over Yu Hirayama. There's no stopping ZL on her comeback trail
    Pui Yin Yip over Juliane Schenk. The in-form Yippy takes on a much improved player that's always tough. Yippy to roll on

    MS

    Hong Chen over Tien Minh Nguyen. Once in a while Nguyen gets on this hot streak and disposes of several top players. I think CH has too much for the Viet and should win in a spirited match
    Sung Hwan Park over Kenneth Jonassen. The young Korean has the physical tools to take down the veteran Dane. Question is does he have the smarts? A close one going to Park
    Ronald Susilo over Sony Dwi Kuncoro. Ronald will take it... just a hunch.
    Chong Wei Lee over Weijie Gong. Many see this as a potential upset but I think LCW is so confident at the moment he will brush anyone not named Lin Dan aside. LCW in straight games

    MD

    K.K. Koo/B.H. Tan over R. Sukmawan/Y. Suryatama. Feels like KKK/TBH needed a couple of games to shake off the rust. They're looking good and will advance
    S.H. Han/G.W. Cho over C.H. Tsai/C.H. Hu. Fighting Koreans will nip it in a close one
    T. Ohtsuka/K. Masuda over A.S. Njoto/Y.H. Wirata. Two average pairs duke it out with the JAP men edging it
    L. Hadiyanto/A. Yulian over Z.D. Guo/Z.B. Xie. Just when I had written the veteran INA pair off, they hit a purple patch. They will move on at the expense of a game Chinese pair

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Naah Sony will win, and Kenneth will win

    /Twobeer

    i think PSH has a good chance, KJ has been looking a bit haggard recently.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    i think PSH has a good chance, KJ has been looking a bit haggard recently.
    True.. but the last time he lost to Park was 2004 , And I don't think Park has any new weapons to bring this time around...

    21-8,21-13 against NG Wei is not to shabby imop..

    /T

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, very surprised that Bao fell so easily. After all, he kept LD on court for far longer than LCW .... But a good victory for Ronald Susilo, shows that he has consistency. Kendrick would do well to learn from him.

    Could Tien Minh do the same against Chen Hong (who I rate as best CHN player after LD)?

    With Candra/Tony gone, I would anticipate a Koo/Tan vs the resurgent Luluk/Alvent final. Luluk/Alvent has revenge on their minds after the IO07 loss ....

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,613
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Well, very surprised that Bao fell so easily. After all, he kept LD on court for far longer than LCW .... But a good victory for Ronald Susilo, shows that he has consistency. Kendrick would do well to learn from him.

    Could Tien Minh do the same against Chen Hong (who I rate as best CHN player after LD)?
    I suspect not. After CH's defeat in the 1st round of China SS, I think he'll fight for a win as a confidence booster before WC. Also, keep in mind that Taufik is a volatile player...he plays exceptionally well when he wants to win (i.e. major events like olympic, asian games, etc.), but other times he can play badly.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apontoh View Post
    I suspect not. After CH's defeat in the 1st round of China SS, I think he'll fight for a win as a confidence booster before WC. Also, keep in mind that Taufik is a volatile player...he plays exceptionally well when he wants to win (i.e. major events like olympic, asian games, etc.), but other times he can play badly.
    Even as World number 2, Chen Hong will not be allowed to play the WC. Please notice that.

    Even Chen Hong were the number 1 in the world, he would also be disallowed. So for him, there will be no World Championship, no Olympics, no Super Series Final. He can only play regular open tournaments.

  9. #9
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WS is definitely a CHN-HKG final. Ii'll pick a WYH-ZM final.

    MS
    ChenH over NgueyenTM.
    ParkSH over KennethJ.
    RonaldS over SonyDK
    LeeCW over GuoWJ

    MD
    KooKK/TanBH over Suk/Sur
    GuoZD/XieZB over Hadi/Yuli
    Last edited by robin7; 07-19-2007 at 10:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Even as World number 2, Chen Hong will not be allowed to play the WC. Please notice that.
    Even Chen Hong were the number 1 in the world, he would also be disallowed. So for him, there will be no World Championship, no Olympics, no Super Series Final. He can only play regular open tournaments.
    I thought LYB just allowed CH to go back to the national team in case he'll join other countries.

    Is there anything u wanna tell us?

  11. #11
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post
    I thought LYB just allowed CH to go back to the national team in case he'll join other countries.

    Is there anything u wanna tell us?
    Never heard of it...plus CH will not go back to national team....in recent interview ( I believe in PO), he felt much better and happier after leaving China team.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Even as World number 2, Chen Hong will not be allowed to play the WC. Please notice that.

    Even Chen Hong were the number 1 in the world, he would also be disallowed. So for him, there will be no World Championship, no Olympics, no Super Series Final. He can only play regular open tournaments.
    R U sure? If CH cant play in WC07...could thats means LCW will be the 2nd. Seed.......in WC07 ....... thats good for LCW.....

  13. #13
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    R U sure? If CH cant play in WC07...could thats means LCW will be the 2nd. Seed.......in WC07 ....... thats good for LCW.....
    LYB has dropped CH for long time from WC.....plus CH will not play also as there is no money in WC......

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    L. Hadiyanto/A. Yulian over Z.D. Guo/Z.B. Xie. Just when I had written the veteran INA pair off, they hit a purple patch. They will move on at the expense of a game Chinese pair
    I saw how the Chinese pair played last night and how they beat Tony G. and Candra W. They're looking good so I think they have the edge. The Indo pair on the other hand has won some good matches, but I also saw that that they still suffer from the same problem and that's Luluk's temper on court. I mean, he freaks out when things aren't going their way.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    R U sure? If CH cant play in WC07...could thats means LCW will be the 2nd. Seed.......in WC07 ....... thats good for LCW.....
    Well, as long as LCW wins the PO title or advances to at least one round deeper than CH, the duo will swap their world rankings on next Thursday.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inky2000 View Post
    Well, as long as LCW wins the PO title or advances to at least one round deeper than CH, the duo will swap their world rankings on next Thursday.
    I don't think you are right. Just better than Chen Hong in the PO is not enough for Lee CW to overtake Chen Hong's ranking position. Lee CW needs 2 rounds better than Chen Hong to overtake.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If LCW beats CH in the final. He will get 1050 points more than CH from PO.

    If Macau 2006 July 23 does not phase out in the ranking by next week, LCW needs 1942 points to overtake CH's 2nd place in ranking.

    If Macau 2006 phases out, LCW needs 1631 points to overtake CH

    Either way, LCW needs 2 rounds better
    Last edited by 2cents; 07-20-2007 at 12:20 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Philippines Open 2007 - July 21 - SF
    By robin7 in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 556
    : 07-24-2007, 10:40 AM
  2. Philippine Open 2007 - July 16
    By jbchiong in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 33
    : 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM
  3. Thailand Open 2007 - July 8 (Finals)
    By kevinboy in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 77
    : 07-11-2007, 07:11 AM
  4. Thailand Open 2007 - July 7 (Semifinals)
    By Linus in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 76
    : 07-08-2007, 02:35 AM
  5. Thailand Open 2007 - July 5 (Day 3)
    By erin_hakkinen in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 129
    : 07-06-2007, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •