Needs shops in Seoul Korea

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by chrishin, Jul 21, 2007.

1. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

Well my home country is Korea but currently living in Canada.

anyhow my dad will be visiting us in a few months and maybe i can ask him for a new racquet or other things. anyone know where there's a good or cheap shop in Seoul?

Our home in korea is on the 5th lane and my grandparent's on 4th lane i think so my dad can go virtually anywhere as long as there's bus and subway.

looking to get mp 100 or maybie cheaper one if it costs too much. :D
    (it seems like kr coded racquet costs nearly as much as jp ones)

if all fails i can always get it from hk next year :p

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Yonex mall in seoul is the only place i heard of.

3. event

event Regular Member

It's probably easiest to get your dad to order online. You can check the links page of badmintontimes.com or the relevant thread in this forum. The prices are not that different, in my experience.

If he knows his stuff, Dongdaemoon Stadium subway stop (at the intersection of the #4 and #5 lines) is where to find the cheap shops. They will have racquets but there were no specialty racquet shops there last time I checked. For that you'd need to look near a gym, such as the Magok Badminton gym near Balsan Stn on the #5 line. There is a pro shop in that building that is dedicated to badminton. They will have shoes and clothing, etc.

4. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

are there high number of fakes on korea? if not i can tell him to bargain until certain price.

5. roller

roller Regular Member

I wonder if shops in Seoul still carry the old color Ti-10

6. event

event Regular Member

If there are fakes, they will be around Dongdaemoon Stadium with its high concentration of non-specialty shops and its market-like atmosphere. I don't know if there are. There are warnings about how to spot fakes on the official website www.yonex.co.kr but I don't know if they mention where they were found. If you want to be safe, shopping online is likely better.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would feel alot safer, being able to swing, bend, feel, inspect the racket in real life, than to shop online, where you cannot inspect the racket, before it reaches you by mail...

/Twobeer

I would go so far, as to say that if you can't feel the difference having the racket in your hands, you probably do not deserve a real one :p

8. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i've seen very few online stores that still have them.

now good thing about online is that if he pays by creditcard and if it's fake then we can take care of it.
    good thing about going there himself would be that he can bargain or get extra useless free things because of the competition.

i think the shops event listed in the online shop is good but some don't work at all and one lead to pages that's not suitable for my age ;)