China HeadCoach {POSITIVE}

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by the_way, Jul 22, 2007.

1. the_way

the_way Regular Member

This time i am refering to LiYongBo....Am I using the polite title this time kwun???????

His contract with china team will terminate after OG 08, I wonder what is his future? Coaching in the States? Well, many chinese do that, they want more money, thats my they go to the States.

2. viver

viver Regular Member

Do you happen to have information on his current salary as the China badminton team manager/head coach? What is the salary the US is willing to pay him to coach the US team?

So far I think he did great for the Chinese team and I also believe he has the support of the players. Don't see any reason as of now why Li Yongbo would leave or replaced. :confused:

3. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    I think Li Yongbo maybe won't leave the chinese team gua... If he choose to leave when his contract expire after the OG08, will the China team stay strong as now after Li Yongbo is not incharge anymore?

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, i'm not the biggest fan of LYB, but i must say that he's done wonders for the CHN team over the last few years. i remember when they were a spend force from the mid 90s onwards, sure, there were one or 2 good players, but not the dominance they enjoy now ...

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    CHN will extend his contract if it expires......

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Well, loads of bad impressions about this figure but LYB has done grande work to make CHN bdm position so convincing. Many success stories during his coaching period such as Sydney 2000 when CHN only failed to presented MD Gold. Then, 3 bdm supremacy trophies stay in CHN. I guess LYB has had almost everything unless he wants more challenges in his life...

LYB even has campaigned to grab all badminton golds next year in Beijing games. Come on, INA/MAS/DEN/KOR and others show your best!

7. zzz...

zzz... Regular Member

I doubt he will be extended, heard he has offended a lot of people on top.

8. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

You need some evidence here. And who are these "top" people you speak of.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    whether LYB goes or stays will be highly dependent on the team's result in the Beijing Olympics. if they totally flunk, for sure there will be some shake up in the Chinese team leadership like what happened after 1992.

however, if the team continue to do well, like they did in Sydney 2000 and Athens 2004, then i don't see why LYB would worry about his position at all.

10. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Either way I doubt LYB has to worry about his career. The question is what's more important to him? Money or his country? Or if his country can provide enough money.

It's really his interest that counts in this. Otherwise I'm sure a lot of countries would snatch him seeing the dominance he brought to Chinese badminton.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

i say chances of lyb coaching in north america or europe is LESS THAN ZERO, that's how small LOL. Even Li Mao and Park Joo-Bong are staying in asia. LYB is rich enough to retire right now and feel like a king in china, why move to oversea to feel like a pawn for some extra coins (before taxes)? Because of his long record of experience, china will likely continue to employ LYB like in consulting basis when LYB retires, just like tang fu.

Coaching in the States? Well, many chinese do that, they want more money, thats my they go to the States.

Hmm, can u name some of those experienced chinese coaches?

Although this thread isn't childish as your 'slap in the face' thread but it is still a silly thread. It goes to show how much u know about china badminton and LYB, and yet u started 2 threads on this subject.

#11 cooler, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007