User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning the PO may not the greatest acheivement in LCW or KKK/TBH career, but nothing beat the feeling of winning, especially for KKK/TBH who has not tasted this feeling for a while. It may push them to want to feel it again and again.

If I may use the analogy of the good striker who suddenly lost his goal scoring touches, he went games after games just could not get in a goal even though he did all the right things in getting into good positions, moving on and off the ball, with or without possession etc. Everything seems to go against him. A good coach will in those instance, put him in a reserve game, or a cup game against a much weaker team which he will normally be rested, let him have a chance to score a brace or more. Sure, one may say he is expected to do that, but by scoring again this striker will find back his confidence and drop the self-doubt about his own ability to score.

So in that regard, winning PO can only be good news for KKK/TBH, especially with Rexy around, who seem to know about the Malaysia team potential.

As I have said in other threads that Malaysia MD has the critical mass to success, and with more pairs coming into life at the right time, it is an advantage over the likes of China and Indonesia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice comparison.. Another thing for KKK/TBH which is similiar to football is... sometimes u play very attractive games... but eventually u will lost the match.. Sometimes u plays poor but still u will win it...
    It happens in many sports match... No doubt... Watching Koo/Tan games is very exciting/entertaining... However. sometimes they really needs to play abit more to "real" .. In other words.. Play to win... Not Play to be attractive but lost !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    With respect to the Phillippines Open, I think the Msian press and public should not get over the moon thinking that KKK/TBH are now back in business.

The Phillippines Open cannot be used as an indicator simply because the opponents there were 3rd rate. And we simply cannot start building castle in the sky and think that KKK/TBH are now on course to take the WC simply because they won the PO.

Thats the problem with Msian sports. We win one minor tournament and the whole buildup will start again ... and later we will fall flat on our face.
    Malaysian Press and Public sometimes just over-praised the players. Appropriate encouragement is necessary for continual successes but improper praises could bring negative impacts.

The coaches Misbun & Rexy have done a very good job to bring our players back on tracks and they are well aware that some players have improved but still below their best.

The players themselves should realize that winning titles again just a big boost to regain the confidence & should not overjoy over it ahead of big event. There is still a long long way to go & room for improvement.

ALL the best for Malaysia Badminton! MALAYSIA BOLEH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi ants! r u there in PO final day? i think i saw u wearin orange top? :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry for being off topic!

Quote Originally Posted by banidosa View Post
    hi ants! r u there in PO final day? i think i saw u wearin orange top? :P

Yup he was there the whole tournament taking pictures. I forgot to take a picture with the famous ANTS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Nowadays, 3rd rate opponents can suddenly turn on the heat in the space of one tournament. You'll have to promote them cos they beat 2 solid INA MDs otherwise you have to demote INA MDs to 4th rate. The fact that they have to give fu/cai WO in CM07 would suggest that they would have taken a lot out of fu/cai to make them vulnerable to TBH/OSH. 3rd rate? Think again.
    What would your reaction be if kkk/tbh had not won the PO title?
    First of all, I think we really really need to stop all this chest thumping ala Malaysia Boleh aka Syiok Sendiri type of action. In short, we need to get real. The PO is no big deal, like it or not it is a 3rd rate tournament or else the big fish will all be there. So, why dont you take a chill pill and not wet yourself over KKK/TBH winning the PO. The win is just a warm up for KKK/TBH and certainly is no yardstick for next month WC.

The WC is the real deal, not some mickey mouse PO. So, lets see how KKK/TBH fare in the WC.

What would my reaction be had KKK/TBH not won the PO??? Like I said earlier, they have yet to convince me so if they did not win the PO, my rating of them is still the same ... which is flash in the pan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Trailling from behind to snatch the game in the 2nd set does shows that they are on the right track. Its not easy to play when you are trailing by so many points.
    i agree with you ants

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wan to know what kkk and tbh say about their win?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a PO champion is better than nothing. I don't think the boys would be overjoy, I'm sure they are working hard for the coming WC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taufikk View Post
    Being a PO champion is better than nothing. I don't think the boys would be overjoy, I'm sure they are working hard for the coming WC.
    yeah...i agree wif u!!
    IMO, we should support our players as long as they can do their best!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Andre Agassi hit rock bottom a number of years ago, he competed in challanger events which is a far cry form the normal ATP tourneys he used to compete in.
    The important thing after hitting a slump is to get and win matches to not only get the feel of winning but also a confidance boost. So yep they did well in PO but i cant help but wonder, if the win would make them over confidant. Then again, i think at this moment they are the best bet the world have to tip over Fu/Cai...the other players have a fighting chance too....if one of them breaks a leg :P :P
    Anyway hope TBH/KKK win in WC. Go Go baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catherineshinbi View Post
    i wan to know what kkk and tbh say about their win?
    They said that it was kinda lucky for them to be able to get 2nd set. But at the same time they aren't overconfident in the 2nd set since they won the first set easy. When they we trailing on the second set, they just take one point at a time, play a point at a time... until they realised that they got closer and closer until the scores are even at 20-20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kind of weird~ actually they themselves are not overjoyed or being carried away, is just the press who makes it a bit "huge" since the mas top pair haven been winning tournaments and the win definately boosted their confident.. i guess not much ppl is overwhelmed with their PO winning... philippine open is already over.... just keep our finger cross for the WC..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm.....to me, the press is just doing their work, NOT as professionals, but as a businessman, as big news = more money. just look at the press in "Spiderman" movie, maybe in real world it is something like it too? kekekek.......or at least MAS press do have the potential to become one......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the problem.When KKK/TBh is not a winner,they are rudely criticise by the fans.If they did well in a tournament,it is not enough.
    So, what do u expect from them???
    when they win the PO,we do realise that it is not a big tournament.We cannot celebrate that winning just like they are winning AE or olympic gold.No.we cant.and we accept that.
    but is it a sin to appreciate their effort???
    We are not giving them a "datuk" recognization.Why do u must bring it up in this forum??
    it is just a appreciation for our athletes.just a commendation.
    it is not necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pemuda, an outsider like USAfan are in KKK/TBh side.he is defending ur players.Dont u think it is weird???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    With respect to the Phillippines Open, I think the Msian press and public should not get over the moon thinking that KKK/TBH are now back in business.

The Phillippines Open cannot be used as an indicator simply because the opponents there were 3rd rate. And we simply cannot start building castle in the sky and think that KKK/TBH are now on course to take the WC simply because they won the PO.

Thats the problem with Msian sports. We win one minor tournament and the whole buildup will start again ... and later we will fall flat on our face.
    Pemuda, before expressing your state of mind in this forum, please make sure to check your spelling. You typed "Phillippines" which should be spelled "Philippines". Secondly, you do not use "Phillippines Open"; it should be "Philippine Open".

I think you're missing an important point when Malaysians celebrate the victory of KKK/TBH in the MD event of the PO 2007. Whether the PO 2007 is a 3rd, 4th or even a 5th rate tournament, the bottomline is that KKK/TBH accomplished their mission, and did us, the Filipinos, a big favor, by providing a great view of world class badminton (courtesy of the Malaysian squad and even the other teams who have the guts to travel here and participated). We surely appreciate that they recognized the PO 2007 as an important event.

Lastly, athletes do experience a "slump" in their respective careers. But in the case of KKK and TBH, can you (still) remember their accomplishments in the Super Series tournaments this year? If so, can you consider that their opponents in the SS were 3rd rate?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast