Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anthony Clark's LEGS!

hi everyone.
    i'm curious.
    has anyone else besides me realised how untoned clark's legs are?
    i wonder, how is it possible to have undergone such intensive badminton training and yet his legs are untypical of badminton players?
    is it because his legs arent strong in the first place? that would mean to play mixed doubles you dont need strong legs or does it mean that no matter how hard some people train, their legs just dont get toned?
    i'm sure many badminton fans out there just like me, prefer the image of badminton to be a sport that requires both fitness and finesse. our blood boils when there's some survey or research that shows that badminton doesnt require much fitness. what do all of you think about this topic? is it really possible to train in such a way that your legs (or other muscle groups) dont get toned?
    comments please.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fanatico
    is it really possible to train in such a way that your legs (or other muscle groups) dont get toned?
    comments please.
    Yes. The answer is: genetics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our blood boils when there's some survey or research that shows that badminton doesnt require much fitness.
    what, you mean it's not a sunday-backyard-over-the-fence-after-a-picnic sport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is genetics I think Anthony Clark could push weight's with his legs all day, take part in the Tour De France and play football For Real Madrid and he still would not have much definition on his legs. It's like me I can eat crap all day and not put any weight on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthboy
    It is genetics I think Anthony Clark could push weight's with his legs all day, take part in the Tour De France and play football For Real Madrid and he still would not have much definition on his legs. It's like me I can eat crap all day and not put any weight on.
    LOL....I put on weight just by breathing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markchan
    You must be a plant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markchan
    You must have good quality air in Malaysia. Can you bottle some up for me and ship it to England?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe.......if there is a major earth upheaval and suddenly you get Sumatra being shifted next to England, I can assure you will get extra "fresh" air once or issit twice a year?...LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am jealous of your genetics. I will gain weight as soon as I stop exercising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi everyone.
    i'm curious.
    has anyone else besides me realised how untoned clark's legs are?
    i wonder, how is it possible to have undergone such intensive badminton training and yet his legs are untypical of badminton players?
    is it because his legs arent strong in the first place? that would mean to play mixed doubles you dont need strong legs or does it mean that no matter how hard some people train, their legs just dont get toned?
    i'm sure many badminton fans out there just like me, prefer the image of badminton to be a sport that requires both fitness and finesse. our blood boils when there's some survey or research that shows that badminton doesnt require much fitness. what do all of you think about this topic? is it really possible to train in such a way that your legs (or other muscle groups) dont get toned?
    comments please.
    yes and no, depends who he is compatible with in XD and what kind or style of XD he excels in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Javalina
    My brother is 40 and he is the same as he was 20 yrs ago. So I am sure I will turn out the same. I have been the same weight for 8years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother is 40 and he is the same as he was 20 yrs ago. So I am sure I will turn out the same. I have been the same weight for 8years.
    Lol, lets hope so. Then you can still pick up the girls =)

Back on topic, it might be a difference in training. If you ever look at long distance runners compared to say sprinters, you'll notice a difference in muscle bulk, the sprinter having more. Possible Clark's leg is built from slower twitching muscles which could explain the smaller muscle size, mind you slow twitching muscle does not mean he is slow, just that his movement is not at the human limit, aka he is very very physically fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dummey
    Lol, lets hope so. Then you can still pick up the girls =)

Back on topic, it might be a difference in training. If you ever look at long distance runners compared to say sprinters, you'll notice a difference in muscle bulk, the sprinter having more. Possible Clark's leg is built from slower twitching muscles which could explain the smaller muscle size, mind you slow twitching muscle does not mean he is slow, just that his movement is not at the human limit, aka he is very very physically fit.
    Seeing that I don't ever put weight on regardless of what I eat the ladies might be picking me up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. can this be true? but even long distance runners have more toned legs than his! even if theirs are small.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. can this be true? but even long distance runners have more toned legs than his! even if theirs are small.
    I told you already, it's genetics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's just got a higher fat amounts coating his muscles than say some other players, like xie xuanze, for example.

i have friends who are fitter than me, work out tons and such, but i'm much more defined than they are, and i do barely a fraction of what they do.
    i have a very low fat percentage whereas they have a higher body fat percentage... you can say its a similar story for females, more natural body fat, more difficulty in muscle definition.

their muscles (anthony clark's included) are simply hiding behind a layer of fat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Javalina
    Me too. In fact, a 24 hr/week schedule was required for me to maintain really substantial definition. I've managed to keep it up since injury by not eating so much... but I never ate much to being with. Damn the british/hebrew genes... a double whammy of 'sit-at-home-and-cook-latkes-and-eat-pudding-and-make-babies' syndrome if I ever saw one!

As to anthony's legs... the lower calves appear very defined, just not so much the thigh. Same with forearms.

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=73537785

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast