Carlton Iso Blade Graphite.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by blundey, Jul 23, 2007.

1. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Ok odd question but im lost and search function bings up nothing either here or google.

I need to upgrade my racket recently as the Wilson Force racket i had wasnt really upto much. It did the job, but i needed something a bit more lighter (it was 105g) and the strings tighter.

I went to the local outlet store called JJB sports and found a nice to look at Carlton racket. Not only was it nice to look at but it was 80g, graphite and reduced from 79.99 to 23.99 in the sales.

My question is this, it feels great quality, the strings seem to be brilliant but i cant find ANYONE else using this racket across the world...and for something that was originally as expensive as this was id assume it wasnt that bad.

The model on the cover says Carlton Iso Blade Graphite
    Its orange in colour too.

Anyone seen/heard of this model? any reviews from others? etc etc..

2. stephen spaull

stephen spaull New Member

iso blade graphite

Hi

I am currently using the iso blade graphite it is a good racket. The only thing i will point out is that the strings on the racket are only standard nylon and therefore dont put out the rackets best performance. I have had mine upgraded to multicore strings which make the performance much higher. The other point is what tension you get it strung to it depends on what you play club or professional. I play pro and club so i have had it done to tension 24 which give the racket all you need for palying any shot you need. the racket is a good raket for its price and will cope with all shots that you throw at it. good luck with the racket.

!steve!

3. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Yes, I have looked at it, in fact, one of my friend is using it. Seems to be a decent racket. One thing to notice is that, when you get it, try to see if the handle is attached tightly to the shaft. The first one that my friend got broke in his second smash, of course, he got it exchanged for another one, which is flawless so far.

4. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

i had this racket as my first serious racket. It is truely awesome for its price and i liked it so much i got the next one up an iso blade pro. And it kicks ass. But i cant find any info on it anywhere... weird huh. Oh and i got bot from a shop like jjb

5. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Ive since moved on, although it was a good racket, the strings were as previously stated, not great. Its ideal as a club racket, but there are better.

6. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    A couple of my mates use the Isoblade graphite. I've hit with it and it feel alright. Not massively special but not terrible at all. The strings you get off the shelf are rubbish and I have seen higher tensions in people's shoe laces. But if you cut and restring, it'll be fine.

I think 80 grams is a tad optimistic (not sure what the 80 grams includes) but it isn't hugely heavy. The actual frame of the racket is fairly able. Perfectly suitable for a beginner to intermediate level player. In a doubles game, my friend that uses the Isoblade nearly swung it straight through another friend's Yonex Muscle power 10. The damage to the MP was cataclysmic, but the Isoblade only had a tiny surface scratch. From this, I can conclude it is a very strong racket and from the little experience I have had playing with it, I would highly recommend it.