price check on some rackets in hk

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by harryc, Jul 24, 2007.

1. harryc

harryc Regular Member

Students
    i've just recived an email from a seller in hk and these are his prices for some rackets at "discounted" prices

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]NS9000 X --------- 88.39 GBP = 1414.24 HKD[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]AT900 P --------- 92.13 GBP = 1474.08 HKD[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]AT900 T --------- 92.13 GBP = 1474.08 HKD[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]MP100 ------------ 70.90 GBP = 1134.40 HKD[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Carbonex 20 ------ 52.73 GBP = 843.68 HKD[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Total Price ---------------- = 6340.48 HKD

are these correct or is he trying to scam me? ¬__¬[/FONT]

2. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Most definitely NOT discount price AT ALL. :p In fact, they're well above average price.

I know someone here ( ;) )can give you up-to-date and exact prices, but in the meantime, what I remember since my last visit 2 years ago (and a little estimation for the new ones since then)

NS-9000 X - ~1200-1300
    AT-900P/T - ~1200-1300
    MP-100 - 870-880 (I bought mine for 880 at one shop, the shop beside it had it for 870, :p )
    CAB-20 - ~500-700 (this was a real guess, but shouldn't be more than 800)

The prices I quoted above aren't exceptional too, they're pretty common in the right shopping district.

I remember the 1st shop I walked into had an MP_100 for 1,500 HKD and I thought...hmm, well it is cheaper than if I bought it in Canada, better wait it out. Good thing I did, I saved almost half waiting a week and going to more shops, that 1st shop was charging a premium for everything, :D

Typically you should scope out the numerous shops in Mong Kok, they serve the benchmark for low-average prices, many times the cheapest too.

#2 Midget_Boy, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yeap, those are not discount prices.

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Would you consider those sale prices if I told you each racket had been marked up HK$100? Is shipping included? Some shops in HK does sell at that price, however, if you know where to shop, you will get much better deal!

Hell, if you really want those rackets, I can actually go to the shop and buy it and ship it to you for cheaper.

5. harryc

harryc Regular Member

Students
    lol thats what i thought it was a bit wierd.... anywayz ar dan i'll speak to you about it over msn.... thanks for this guys lol didn't want to be scammed!