Woven 8 vs. AT 900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jorel000, Jul 25, 2007.

1. jorel000

jorel000 Regular Member

My main racket is a SOTX W8. I jus wanna know if anybody would recommend an AT 900T since im looking for a new racket. Also, what's the difference between these 2 rackets?

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    What is your level of play? What do you like?, what don't you like in the Woven 8?.. What would you expect to improve by switching racket?

also maybe the most important question before trying to answer your question.. How do you string the W8 (strings used and tension, and how often do you generally restring)..

/Twobeer

3. jorel000

jorel000 Regular Member

Uh i guess im an advanced player. i play a defensive game, but i have power. I string with a bg 65 at 27 lbs for about every 2-3 months. my racket might break so im thinking of a replacement, and woven 8's doesn't come cheap here. so im asking of you'd recommend the at 900t

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    My best guess is that you would like the 900T, and I could highly recommend it, its a very good racket..although I can't imagine that comes "cheap" where you live as well :confused: .. If you are a control-player maybe a higher flex more headlight option would be good? Have you tried NS7000? SOTX D-300 may also be an option, or Mizuno GP-10..

cheers,
    Twobeer

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I have the Woven 8 and have also tried the AT 900T. The AT 900T took me minimal time to adjust to, but once adjusted to, it is was a charm to work with, very good control and power. Great racket, give it a try.

6. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I have both (Woven 8A and AT900T 3U) and are currently using them often.

First of all, I can feel the weight difference between the 2 quite distinctively (AT900T 3U being more head-heavy and also heavy overall). But somehow, probably due to the aero-dynamic design of AT900T, you dont really feel that the extra weight slow down your defence.

Second AT900T is felt stiffer than Woven 8A.

Thirdly, when using AT900T, it does give you more power compared to Woven 8A, again probably because of its head-heaviness.

I like 8A and I have been using it for almost 3 yeas, but I find using AT900T quite easy to adapt to.

7. jorel000

jorel000 Regular Member

k, tnx guys. you've all been a lot of help.