Computer Studies Project

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by NelsonNick, Jul 25, 2007.

1. NelsonNick

NelsonNick New Member

Student
    I am currently doing a computer studies project which involves creating a website. I chose to create mine on badminton, and one of the requirements to pass is to make contact with a similar website.

My website is : http://www.badminton-nz.freewebspace.com
    My email is: Needen@waimea.school.nz

The aim of my website is to teach beginners the basics, I tried to make it as simple as possible, I hope you like it!

Thanks,
    Nick

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Looks good. Perhaps you could try a lighter shade of grey, maybe #ccc to make the black wordings contrast better to the background?

Looking at your code, you might as well separate all the CSS stylings into the CSS document style1.css as you seem to have it all over the code, separate stylesheet and in the HEAD declaration.

Don't mind me - seeing all the inline styling on HTML makes me feel funny, but if your lecturer is fine with it, it's ok. Not everyone is as pedantic when it comes to HTML so... ;)

Execution aside, it served its purpose as intended which is the most important point of making a webpage.

Edit: Just noticed you're in a school - my bad. :eek:

3. Hagane

Hagane Regular Member

Transport Consultant
    My comments in general are:
    1. The background is too dark for a black text - try lighter grey for a black text to improve readability.
    2. Try to position the webpage to the centre of the browser. This is perhaps my preference, but imho, a webpage looks better centred.
    3. The rules page - it would be better if you can highlight the lines better (different colours, or bolder lines). Most people can see the highlights, but not the lines at higher resolutions.
    4. Similarly on the rules page - it's better to link to the full rules as well as what you have :).
      Also, when I read the rules on your page, I still needed to refer to it, as rules are rather simplistic (e.g. cork hits outside of court, but feather hits afterwards do not count).
    Apologies if it's rather harsh :)

4. NelsonNick

NelsonNick New Member

Student
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep it in mine for my next project!! And no please, be as harsh as you like, I'd rather the truth than a bunch of lies :)

5. rwg05

rwg05 Regular Member

Didn't really understand what you meant...
    Is that why you're 'making contact' with BC forum members?:confused:

Anyway, if you need another website such as yours, I've made one too, a few years ago... www.geocities.com/railwayweb (click on badminton)