Student Badminton Tournaments in Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by priyag, Jul 26, 2007.

1. priyag

priyag Regular Member

Student
    Hi!

I currently play for my University's Mixed and Ladies Badminton Teams and I want to organise a trip abroad for next summer for the team.
    We were hoping to join in an International Student Badminton Tournament, or any student tournament abroad that we would be eligible for. I wonder if anyone can give me a pointer as to where one might be held in 2008?
    Does anyone know of any Universities in Europe which may want to organise some sort of competition? With just two universities, it may not be so fun, but with more, it could be really good! Are there any clubs abroad which hold tournaments that 20-25 year old amateurs can play in?

Many Thanks!
    Priya x

2. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    Tournaments Brussels Area

I play for a club in the Brussels Area (but its not a University club). I don't think you could play in the local tournaments here (which are run almost every weekend) because you would need to be registered in the league, but I could look into organising a friendly fixture during the summer between our teams and yours. We have 4 mixed, 2 ladies and 2 mens teams.

3. staticwizard

staticwizard Regular Member

See TTST Rotterdam

Hi,

You could try the TTST Rotterdam, it is an ISBT in the Netherlands Rotterdam. It is being held in February.
    I'm the chairman of the TTST, and it would be lovely to see people from abroad to participate. Hope to see you and other people there. ;)