Badminton: Rexy receives PR for his efforts

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Jul 26, 2007.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Badminton: Rexy receives PR for his efforts

By : K.M. BOOPATHY

NST Online
    [​IMG]

NATIONAL doubles coach Rexy Manaiky’s (pic) tireless efforts of transforming Malaysia’s men’s doubles pairs into world class performers has fetched him a unique honour — he will receive permanent resident (PR) status from the Government today.
    Rexy, who has won Indonesia all the major accolades with his partner Ricky Subagja during his playing career, has been coaching Malaysia’s men’s doubles squad since 2005 and signed a new two-year contract last month.

Home Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Radzi Sheikh Ahmad will present the MYPR identity card to Rexy at the Ministry in Putra Jaya today.

Rexy, despite his brief spell in Malaysia, has guided his charges to numerous international titles and was instrumental in discovering the explosive combination of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, the World No 2 regarded by many as the pair who are destined to win Malaysia’s first Olympic gold in Beijing next year.

"I have not received any news about the PR status but if it is true, it is definitely a great honour for me in such a short time," said Rexy.
    "I have not achieved bigger success yet and my biggest challenges are to help Malaysia win the Olympics gold and the World title (next month)."

Rexy’s contribution also included creating the national mixed doubles team as he felt that Malaysia have good potential and can even win a medal at Olympics level soon.

The coach also has a British PR obtained when he was employed as England’s doubles head coach between 2001 and 2005.

#1 ixory, Jul 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    He might get his Datuk-ship, or even Tan Sri-ship later.......