Direct Comparison of Nano 7k/9k-S?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Snowy21, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Snowy21

Snowy21 Regular Member

I know there have been a bunch of threads talking about these racquets individually, but I was wondering if anyone has used them both and can give me a quick ( or detailed if you have time... haha =) ) comparison of the two?

Nanospeed 7000 vs. Nanospeed 9000S

Comparison of stuff like... how's the balance on each? Smashes? Drops/netting? Clears? Just overall feel....?

Price is a minor factor... but... not a big one.

For quick background... I play mostly mixed doubles but am trying to get more into singles (just hard because where I play there's usually too many people to play singles without being a jerk). Seeing that I play mixed, I tend to smash alot... not that that's how I necessarily always play personally. Hmmm... I've been told that if there's anything I should work on, it's net-play, so I kind of want a racquet that's good for that, but still good for smashing... i.e. I need to find some sort of balance there.

What else... no I think that's about it....

Thanks if anyone can give me a fairly quick reply! (I thought of this last min and I have an appointment tomorrow w/ the guy who owns the badminton store)

2. Snowy21

Snowy21 Regular Member

Uh, actually... sorry for the double post, but I didn't notice there was a racquet comparison forum... somehow... I'm blind. If a moderator could move it there or something? Thanks

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

For net play and single, NS9k-s will be a better choice. It also has more smashing power IMHO. NS7k is a pure defensive racquet. Great net play, no power...