What string & how much tension for MP77

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BangkokPlayer, Mar 11, 2002.

1. I have bought a MP77 and Wilson Hyper Cab 1.0 yesterday. Anyone here could tell me what string and tension that suit for these raqs could give me its 100% performance.
    Thanks for all opinion

2. ASD

ASD Regular Member

d
    I can not give you suggestion ,because I do not know your level and how about your technique.
    Since you are not a professional player I suggest 25 pounds is enough for you. High tension needs more arm forces to adapt to and you can get more control from it. Lower tension is easier to play with and has more flexibility, which means you can hit back shuttle cocks with less strength.
    I do not agree with those people who string their rackets blindly, it is especially deleterious to rackets¡¯ life.

3. Re: dear asd

thanks for your suggestion i will try it when the old string are broken.
    but can it be restrung up to 25lbs? cuz at the shop has recommended not over 20lbs as on yonex's official web telling.asking cuz it's brand new and afraid to lost it too soon ^_^.
    please show me the light.

4. ASD

ASD Regular Member

d
    Re: dear asd

I think the string tension recommended by YONEX is a bit low, certainly you can restring your MP77 up to 25 pounds. YONEX mended the MP series with ¡®muscle power frame¡¯,in order to improve tension rackets can stand and keep the string tension for longer time.
    By the way, 2U rackets are better for higher sting tension than 3U or lighter ones, you¡¯d better choose a skilled operator to do this, use the machine with 6-points stator. Finally,use your racket carefully.
    Hope this would be useful for you!

5. Re: dear asd

dear ASD again ^_^,
    your informations are very clear and very useful. I will let you know again after i try it.
    thankyou so much.

6. Chan

Chan Guest

String tentions will vary depending on the string since they will drop differently. I currenly have, Cab22, Ti Swing Power SA and SS and they are all stringed at 22.25 pounds with Gosen Roots. Seems ok with me. I won't go any higher since I may not be able to take advantage of it since I'm not strong for my age. I like the pounds I have now becausae I go by the sound by the way it rings on a smash.

7. Re: dear Chan

Dear Chan,
    is gosen a good string ? and which type you recommend it for MP77 ? i am 29 yrs old and quite strong ^_^ and i need a good string for good smashing and control (is it poosible?) duration of string is not interested me hehehe cuz i have a sponsor.
    How about Gut? people told me that the adv. of real gut is just the tension is last longer than nylon, is it true?

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Re: dear me!!

Opps, I forgot to change back my name but that was me who posted as chan but didn't realize the name change.

Ok to answer that, yes I wouldrecommend that kind of string. It's the Gosen Roots B505 to be exact. It's better than the BG80 because I kept breaking that one easily within like 2 -3 weeks and gotten frustrated until a badminton rep told me to try that one. It's bascially the same guage and it's made from synthetic gut and creates a good poping sound too on the smash. When I tried that, it lasted for quite long before it gave away. The tention has to be slightly higher than what I had on the BG-80(22 pounds) because roots dropped a bit more so I increased the pounds graduadually until I found out the right figure which is 22.75 pounds.

About nylon and real gut, I'm not too sure which is better.

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

hey bangkok,

i would strongly advise u to increase the tension slowly after a couple of guttings! see how racket reacts to stringing at decent tensions! keep 19 main 21 cross first!

10. Re: dear me!!

thank you for your both advises . i will try gosen at 19&21 first ^_^. and let you guys know the result soon.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer

I have no idea what my cross and main strings are set at. I just let the guy at my badminton store just string at whatever tention I asked. Maybe I should ask him what he puts for C and M.