Badminton in London Ontario?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Chill77, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Chill77

Chill77 New Member

General Manager
    Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the London area and was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions as to any clubs in the area?

I haven't been able to find anywhere which is really surprising for a city this size. Am I going to have to drive to TO to find a game?? :crying:

Cheers

2. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    western should has its recreational badminton club, back in the days it was open to non studnent as well, u might wanna ask around to see if it still exist

3. event

event Regular Member

You definitely won't have to travel as far as Toronto as there are clubs in Kitchener, Stratford(closed for summer) and Woodstock.

As for clubs in London, have you checked the search function? This thread has some info. The drop-in times at UWO seem generous and the drop-in day pass fee for the centre seems to be $6.

The OBA has some info, too.

4. 400man

400man New Member

In london the best place to play is @ university of western ontario UCC rec. Players from teh UWO varsity team play and many skilled older players play there. Google group search London Ontario Badminton and u will find a good since. There is a UWO club but it is for UWO students only and is very crowded. I heard Fanshawe college has club but I don't know much about it.

5. OHMAHGAWDZ

OHMAHGAWDZ Regular Member

Are you looking for competitive or recreational play? There's some rec clubs, but nothing as far as competitive. I know, it's surprising for a city of 350 000 people. Two attempts have been made to establish a higher-calibre club, and both failed miserably (I went to both of them before they folded). For high performance play, I go to Brantford every weekend. It's a great club, but the hour-long drive sucks. A black knight rep i know has been trying to get a competitive club going recently. If you're a decent player, I play with a few friends on Thursday nights, and I'm desperate for a good game (my friends play high school, and I'm ranked in the top 10 in Ontario, so not very good competition). Send me a message or reply to this thread if you're interested.