actually... I was looking more for the Lightest (and not fragile) racket ever!!(iso shaped) ^^"

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

sorry about the last one ^^ i kno it got many of you excited ^^"

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Re: actually... I was looking more for the Lightest (and not fragile) racket ever!!(iso shaped) ^^&q

Ti Swing Power SA.
    I don't know any other light rackets out there except for Yonex.

3. Re: mp88

have you try MP88? 4u available in Bangkok i think it's lightest but not sure about fragile cuz i never breaking any racket in my life ( i have cab8dx,MP77,wilson HYper Cab1.0).

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Re: actually... I was looking more for the Lightest (and not fragile) racket ever!!(iso shaped) ^^&q

Am I the only one with a feeling that Jason is going around in circles...?

:)

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed

Jason - If you want to, we can talk on Friday night about some of your questions. If you are interested in trying some of the light racquets (ie; Karakal) I can try to contact Jim (the guy with the travelling badminton shop) to drop by earlier (he occasionally comes to the gym around 9:45).

BTW, if you are looking for the lightest racquet for yourself, i strongly recommend you work on your grip and stroke before venturing to a much lighter racquet. Light racquet with high tension requires more strength and better technique to use. If you use a light racquet without proper stroking, you may wind up using much more arm and shoulder in attempt to get more power - which may cause physical problems later on...

6. Jason

Jason Guest

??? ><... dont get it...

7. Jason

Jason Guest

well... i it wont be necessary to get Jim to come earlier... too bothersome...
    I just wanted to know... cuz my god-sis brought in a new racket her mom got when she was bak in Taiwan... n it was LITE! (at least it felt a lot lighter than my MP100) ... and I produced sooo much power with lot less effort... so I was thinkin of a good cheap one that dont break... however... i wont be gettin it til some time later ^^"

8. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer

Ok, Jason, I'll try to be less cryptic:

You are asking a question that has no answer. People have already described a number of light-weight racquets for you, and I don't think you can expect more than that to come out of your question.
    As to the fragility part: badminton racquets ARE fragile. And light racquets are made with less material, and the less material the more fragile the racquet will be, so in other words: light racquets are more fragile than heavy ones, but even the heavy should be considered fragile and breakable (we're talkig about graphite here).

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect racquet. However, unless your technique is extremely good, I don't think you will find it among the ones labelled "super light"! ;)

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed

and jason, i've seen you play. i've seen your stroke and i am concerned that after you get that lightest (not fragile) racquet your next post will be "help - my shoulder hurts"....

10. Jason

Jason Guest

o... thx thx ^^

11. Jason

Jason Guest

haha... well... actually... I'm not in that bad a shape(although this is the worst shape I've been in since gr7)... a lot of people are surprised that i dont use any wrist (I've always only been using arm) when I'm playing... so... hehe... that post will not appear ^^"
    However... i do know I got bad technique... >< I have been seekin help continuously from many people (including you)... but not realli much help... i dont know if it's i still dont get it or something else... I think gettin a new grip will help (ones that hav grooves... cuz my last one had that... and i could smash... BIG TIME!) so... yah... besides the grip... I just gotta get my technique on the way... somehow...
    but the only times i get to play badminton is fridays... so i do not get a lot of practice...and I've onli started actually playing badminton in june last yr... count the fridays... haha... it's still countable ^^"... so... yah... main objective rite now is still skill... but i do want to try other rackets... cuz the MP100 feels dull... (no idea y)

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed

if friday night is the only night a week that you play, then you are playing exceptionally well given the conditions. if you do want to improve, that gym night is not the environment to practice. there are too many other kids shooting basketballs on both sides of the badminton court, and often I see the ball bouncing into your court followed by a kid chasing after it. it is no place to concentrate.

let's put it this way. if you want to improve - you need to get another place to play and some more time to play. join up with a junior program (i offered you one on Sunday mornings) or find any other one. there is no magic to badminton, you need to put in the time to work on skills.

13. Jason

Jason Guest

haha!... that explains why people are getting worst and worst when playing there ^^
    and your training program... when is it... I mite be able to convince my parents into letting me go... i mean... there's very little chance... but... at least there's some...
    and also... the cost... thx... you;ve been most helpful! ^^

14. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Very True!

I totally agree! It is Quiet contrary to popular belief that Lighter rackets are better! It is actually tougher on ur arm than anything! So pls be careful!

15. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed

the later adult session on Friday night also has b-balls playing on the blue side, but there are definitely less people so the badminton courts are relatively undisturbed.

training program is at the new guildford rec center on 152 street and 105 avenue. if coming from coquitlam - take hwy 1 east, cross the port mann bridge, and take the first exit from the bridge which is 152 street, stay on 152nd (you might see signs saying Guildford Town Center). turn right at the second intersection light and you will see the rec center.

the program started last week, but we will make this an on-going program. for now it runs on sunday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30, and we are working on all the basics (stroke, footwork), refinement of the basics, fitness and game strategy.

there are four community coaches and we have all volunteered our time to get this program on it's way to promote competitive juniors in the area. kids outside of surrey are more than welcome to attend. since we are donating our time, the cost is low at 27.50 for 8 sessions. each of the community coaches have competed at different levels, and have their respective strengths in singles, doubles or mixed.

and most of all - it's quiet - no b-balls bouncing around...

16. Jason

Jason Guest

Re: Very True!

i know Yogi... thx for being concerned ^^
    n dat's y i started with a pretty heavy racket in the beginning... and I do know I have sufficient arm strength... besides.. i'm just thinkin on gettin a light racket... but I will do so after i get my techniques nailed down... whenever that is... ^^"