I want to improve my game, help please

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by gingerphil79, Aug 1, 2007.

1. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    hi, ive been playing for about 6 months or so and ive gotten quite good but not brilliant yet, i want to enter the league next season (in a couple of months) and i want to kick butt. What can i do to improve my game such as what drills, exercises etc can i do?
    I play about 2 - 3 times a week, once of those doubles, the other times singles with the same guy. I jog about twice a week 10 miles each time and i can play most shots pretty well, please help me if you have any suggestions. :confused: I just really want to whip butt.

2. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

I think if you do a little research you'll find a huge amount of drills and exercises.
    Try to tell a little more, it's difficult to make suggestions if you just say you're quite good and that you play most shots well. ;)

Maybe try adding some exercises that help develope you're footwork and leg muscles, because from jogging long distance you won't get the explosiveness needed for Badminton. Do some rope skipping for example ;)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    fair enough, too fague

ok i will def do the skipping. My main prob is when i play some1 with a lot of experience, i get pushed, i start getting put out of position. I believe my footwork and shots have improved a lot but they still need more work, i will look up the threads for footworks drills and stuff and do more sprints as well as the jogging. hopefully this will work.