forgotten your gear, how !@#$ do you feel

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by llpjlau, Aug 2, 2007.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

any of you forgotten any gear when you go play badminton? may it be your racket(s), clothes, shoes, socks, towel, WATER (especially where water is scarce)

eg you play after office hours but you forgot to put ur yonex SHB shoes in your bag in the morning and only found out when you were all changed and ready to put on ur shoes..

eg you usually only bring your rackets and clothes (not in a badminton bag). you are meant to play after going shopping with friends or sth and when you were going to the hall/courts you take your racket from your car you realized that you did not bring your badminton clothes.

how S**t do you feel when that sort of thing happens? or are you such a fanatic that you triple check that everything is ready.

another question, how many of you would go all the way home to grab what you forgot regardless of how far that is (i can appreciate that some of you may live near your usual courts or even better you live on court!)

2. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I have nearly forgotten my shoes quite a few times, though fortunately so far I have always remembered just before I left.

I did forget socks once, that was annoying and niggled a bit which meant I wasn't as focused on my game as I usually am. Now I always try and make sure I pack my bag the night before.

The funniest one is if I am playing at a nearby court and get changed before I leave. I am usually in a rush when I do this and a couple of times I forgotten to change my shirt and left the house in my work shirt and once I nearly left the house with no shirt on at all. Duh! ;)

3. 450450

450450 Regular Member

I've forgotten my yonex shoes once. So I had to use what I was wearing: ASICS cross trainers. After one match my thighs were in pain. But got use to it after awhile. I've also forgetten my towel and BYO/DIY powder gatorade bottle.

Now I check everything before I leave. Then zip up the yonex bag :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    done that before once. it was 20F outside freezing cold. i had to bike back home to get my shoes.

i never forget my shoes again.

5. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Haha i left my shoes many times at home.I had to walk back to get it.

I once did left my racket at home and brought a broken one to the courts.I felt like banging my head on the wall..

Also once I forgot to bring my socks but this time i was 10 Km away i went there with public transport. Using my slipper to play badminton I end up spraining my leg.

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

and when you do forget your shoes, or any other equipment, you cant focus on your game! thats the big problem!

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I forgot my shoes once. Good thing my fren have some spares ( Same size as mine ). It didnt feel right since its not my shoe. but its good enought. Cant complain much.

8. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    I always forget water for some reason. Forgetting shoes happened once or twice I think. The last thing I'd forget is my racket and clothes since that's the first thing I check when I pack to go to the gym.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    has anyone forgotten to bring stuff home?

i haven't done it myself, but janet has once forgotten one shoe, the other time she left a cab20 in the gym! :(

10. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    ouch!!!

I left lots of nike and adidas bottles in the gym.like 6-7.Recently i visited the lost and found counter it is all there...

11. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Socks and shoes are the things I tend to forget. I used to pack them seperately, so there are times I ended up without either one of them, which in either case I can't play.

But the worst thing to forget is my wrist band as I depend on it to absorb all the perspiration flowing down my arm to my hand. Without which, I can still play but I will be totally off form because the grip will be so slippery that I hold back my swing and movement worrying that the racket will fly off and hurt someone.

12. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i play after work. i always pack my bag the night before. yes, i am one of the freaks that checks my bag three times or more. hehehehe :D. my rackets are always in my bag so i never forget those. the shoes have it's own compartment so if it is not there, i can clearly see just by looking at the bag. what i always double check is my clothes, socks and bandana, tube bandage and water. so far i have never forget anything from home but i always worried that i will leave something behind at the court. :)

13. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I'll just shake my head and then drive home to get them. Where I work, play and live are just a kilometer away! :D

As for the feeling, I'll always remember what my father have always said, "It's your own fault".

14. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Me most of the time, forget to bring water. Pants couples of time (has to buy new pants then).
    Yesterday, I thought I have brought everything, except my badminton bag (have to drive back home after office, late by 1 hour play :( )

I left my sandal yesterday. I hope I can get it next monday.
    I left my formal shoes before, luckly they kept mine.

#14 h4n5ip, Aug 2, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  15. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    wow, you are like forgetful jones of the sesame street :). i like forgetful jones, he's cute. i have seen people leaving behind their things too. but either their friends will keep it for them or the people who work at the court will keep it for them.

16. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    ive left my shoes home a couple of times.since its my mum that sends me to badmntn,i get a little lecture on the way home to pick up the stuff:p

a couple of years ago,i went visiting to my former living place.in another state 4 hours away. it jus so happnd dat i left my beloved gosen gavun series at the hall:crying:
    thankfuly my fren kept it for me.but the next day i calld him,he said he gav it to someone to borrow,n dat fren lost it. i never really found out if he was just lying. he never pickd up his fon again. n ANOTHER lecture came.dis time by my dad:eek:

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If she does it, he needs to calm her down "baby, don't worry, I will buy new ones for you tomorrow..." :p

If he does it, she will pull his ears while screaming "how many times I told you to check??? :mad:" :D

18. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

once a guy left his Calvin Klein jumper/sweater in the hall. i was the last one in the gym so i decided to bring it home (and this was like an hour or two after he left). probably will never see the guy again. that certainly cost around $80.
    btw, it looks pretty good too. its still in my drawer. no idea what to do with it.

EDIT:
    oh yea, and how many of you would actually buy new gear (especially clothes and accessories such as wrist band etc) because you forgot yours at home assuming that there is a store near or on the way to your usual place.

#18 llpjlau, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007