Zhang Jiewen has come back!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by leizhenzi, Aug 2, 2007.

1. leizhenzi

leizhenzi Regular Member

student
    She will cooperate with Yang Wei again in the coming WC, they are the No.3 seed. Congratulation to her!

2. staples

staples Regular Member

Very nice! Hope they can win the championships.

3. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    Yes I am very happy ZJW is back with YW!!!

It is quite surprising the ZTT is still there haha..she is paired now with YU at the expense of DU. Oh well... no love lost there. ZTT must be really really close to LYB.

ZJW/YW and GL/HS i hope they are not in the same half of the draw. I hope they meet in the finals.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    CTF will be the most happiest person around.

5. chgoh25

chgoh25 Regular Member

---- why CTF?

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yeah, but I hope he won't be too happy that he starts clowning around .... :p

CTF/LWW are still one of our best bets for the MD crown.

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yess ZJW is back.. hope that her form will not drop.. great to see her in action

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Maybe CHN failure in Chengdu and Manila had triggered LYB to think twice to dump ZJW. Is Du Jing really injured?

9. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Really like ZJW a lot and i am glad that she has the chance to play in the WC,and hope she and YW can win it.

10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Sorry to say, ZTT is still not there yet compared to ZJW. Smart choice by TBY & LYB.

11. YiYiLiLi

YiYiLiLi Regular Member

Glad to hear that Zhang Jiewen is back!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought she is not playing, so is Yang Wei... cuz not seeing YW's name as WD in the list, and YW isn't playing any mixed=:)
    Who is CTF anyways ^^?// : guess not only him, but also all of us, as her super fan, would be happy for her^_^
    Best of luck, ZJW!! Wanna see ya defend your champion for WC, and Olympics too!!

12. staples

staples Regular Member

Definitely ZTT is the odd man, I mean woman, out in doubles. Maybe she is close to LYB. :) It must be her ability to play both WD & XD that's keeping her in the top string squad.

In addition to ZJW/YW, GL/HS, Du/Yu they also have ZYW/WYL as their top pairs. Wow.

13. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

CTF will be the most happiest person around because ZJW is his gf.

14. YiYiLiLi

YiYiLiLi Regular Member

ZTT is from "8 1" team (Army?)...

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Imagine both Tan Fook and Jiewen win the titles in this WC. Tan Fook may knee down and propose :D Any inside scoop on this?

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    No. No matter how many times LYB thinks, the results are the same.

Please read my previous post. It was China sports general administration bureau (LYB's boss' boss' boss) who was disappointed on China WD results from China master and Philippines opens.

Even though YW was reluctant at beginning to switch to Zhao Tingting, but YW is also not happy to go back with ZJW either, because she complained that first more than 5 month no training made ZJW bad form, second, more important, from May 1st, YW/ZTT has been leading in the Olympic points in the world, while YW/ZJW's point is zero.

Anyway, this arrangement is just to please the general administration bureau, everybody except ZJW is expecting the collapse of this pair. So guys, don't expect to much.

17. Pokla

Pokla Regular Member

Student
    You've made a good point here 2cent yet I might not be able to totally agree with you here. Like what you've mentioned it might be a bit difficult to Yang and Zhang to play together again since they've not played together for quite some time, but Zhang is not totally without training as far as I know. She's been playing with Gao Ling in a few tournaments. Also, for a pair who's played with each other for such a long time, I have confidence that Yang and Zhang could be able to make a strong WD team again. At least, hopefully, they'd be able to beat most of the non-chinese pairs.

Like Zhang Ning, who's literally not played at all for a month, could still pick up the racquet and play at a high level, all because of her previous (many mant) years of playing and training.

And may I ask where did you learn that Yang wasn't happy with the coming back of the Yang/Zhang pair? I've been following the badminton news in some chinese websites as well, and would love to know from which source you've drawn the info, so that I can catch up with the latest news as well :)

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Pokla, there is no doubt that ZJW is still at very high level. Those two reasons were cited from what YW said. The fact is that she said that, and it is also a valid reason.

She also mentioned the 2nd reason, I also said "more important reason", is that they don't have any Olympic ranking points yet.

Here is the 3rd reason which YW not dare to say, since it's against coaches wills, and they will not have any good result under current coaches. As you also said, they may still better than non-Chinese pairs, but this is not good enough. Only 3 pairs can go to the Olympics while now China has 4 strong pairs. One of them must be abandoned before the Olympics. If YW still teams with ZTT, she has the best chance in 4 pairs (most ranking points and also coaches' favorites), but if she teams with ZJW, they will be the most likely the one cannot go to Olympics.

Hope this helps

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

If I were YW, under such circumstances, I would also pick ZTT instead of ZJW.

Of course, I had pointed out it's LYB's failure to replace ZTT with ZJW 5 months ago. And also I had pointed out 5 months ago that it was just a politics instead of really based on player's potential and capability.

#19 2cents, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  20. Pokla

Pokla Regular Member

Student
    thanks loads 2cents it does help. :)

So I have to assume that you know Ms. Yang in person, since you could actually cite what she said? Is she a nice person? would really like to know her more as well, since Yang/Zhang has always been my favouate LD pair :D