User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New Head Plastics

    As anyone tried the new range from Head?
    The ones i've seen on www.centralsports.co.uk are Head 300, i've also heard that there is 3 types in the range, Head100, Head300 & Head500.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smash_killer View Post
    As anyone tried the new range from Head?
    The ones i've seen on www.centralsports.co.uk are Head 300, i've also heard that there is 3 types in the range, Head100, Head300 & Head500.
    Naah, accoring to my Head rep, they are just as lousy as the Mavis plastics..

    I've tried the Head 60's (the official shuttle of Copenhagen Masters last year).

    They are OK and have good consistency, but not as durable as AS-50 and RSL To.no.1 for example..

    /Twobeer

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Carlton Shuttles

    Hi
    What are your opinions of Carlton shuttlecocks?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smash_killer View Post
    Hi
    What are your opinions of Carlton shuttlecocks?
    Good goose feathers, they have...

    /Twobeer

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Good goose feathers, they have...

    /Twobeer
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I was meaning nylon shuttles!!

    John

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    screw carlton, their shuttle cocks are too damn heavy so they fall like rocks @@, IMHO yonex comes the closest to making almost perfect plastics.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
    screw carlton, their shuttle cocks are too damn heavy so they fall like rocks @@, IMHO yonex comes the closest to making almost perfect plastics.
    I say screw plastics :-) till they learn how to produce one that flies properly (Ie feather-like)..

    Btw Carlton Nylons are as bad as Yonex ones, which are as bad as Head ones...

    /Twobeer

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,159
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We can't afford feathers at our club, and we used to use Carlton T1000s (before they went out of production), and they really were like squash balls. They last and last, but they can't really compare to the Mavis 300s we use now.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    We can't afford feathers at our club, and we used to use Carlton T1000s (before they went out of production), and they really were like squash balls. They last and last, but they can't really compare to the Mavis 300s we use now.
    Can't afford? Kids in the philippines and low paid workers in China can afford to use real shuttles.. I am pretty sure most europeans can afford to use real shuttles (if they can afford to get to and pay for court time!!) if they "really" want.

    If you use plastics i think you are just being cheap

    /Twobeer

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Can't afford? Kids in the philippines and low paid workers in China can afford to use real shuttles.. I am pretty sure most europeans can afford to use real shuttles (if they can afford to get to and pay for court time!!) if they "really" want.

    If you use plastics i think you are just being cheap

    /Twobeer
    from the time i started reading the forums here, i respected your contributions and figured you were beyond ignorant posts such as this one... until now.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle View Post
    from the time i started reading the forums here, i respected your contributions and figured you were beyond ignorant posts such as this one... until now.
    Ok I'm intrigued.. what of what I wrote vould validate calling me "beyond ignorant" ??

    /twobeer

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Ok I'm intrigued.. what of what I wrote vould validate calling me "beyond ignorant" ??

    /twobeer
    what i meant is that i didn't think you would write what you wrote above regarding how players using plastics are "cheap".

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle View Post
    what i meant is that i didn't think you would write what you wrote above regarding how players using plastics are "cheap".
    It may be badly forumalted (I am not 100% as english isn't my first language).

    But honestly, I think the overal budget cost per-session for badminton all-inclusice doesn't differ THAT much if I'm using nylon-shuttles.

    If you sum up the cost:
    Transportation:
    Court time:
    shuttles:
    shoe:
    drinks/nutrition:
    string:
    racket:

    etc. I m sure you will agree that increasing the shuttle-cost by switching to feathers will not make a HUGE difference to the overall cost of enjoying the sport. Certainly not make or break an average household economy in UK, Sweden, Germany, Canda or France.

    Therfore I stand by my words and think that not enjoying the full potential and fun and feeling in the game, just in order to shave of a little bit of the overall cast of your sport, is a bit.. cheap..

    If you are very new to the game, and only play it recreational (backyard type playing), Then of course it doesn't really matter to you.. but it bothers me slightly when people came to the badminton-gym driven by theior parents in Mercs, with a set of Yonex most expensive rackets, and goes out to play with plastics, instead of investing that "tiny" little extra money in the shop to play with good shuttles instead of plastics..

    /Twobeer

  14. #14
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,159
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Can't afford? Kids in the philippines and low paid workers in China can afford to use real shuttles.. I am pretty sure most europeans can afford to use real shuttles (if they can afford to get to and pay for court time!!) if they "really" want.

    If you use plastics i think you are just being cheap

    /Twobeer
    We play our games at the sports hall of my former high school, as do a lot of our alumni and current pupils, and our coach/former teacher provides all our consumables (shuttle, grips etc) simply because he loves bringing people into the game. Asking him to pay for Aerosensas, especially considering how destructive our lot is, would be supremely cheeky.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've thrown caution to the wind and and tried the new plastics "Head300W", very good, these could be a challenge to Yonex, nice flight!!!

    John

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    We play our games at the sports hall of my former high school, as do a lot of our alumni and current pupils, and our coach/former teacher provides all our consumables (shuttle, grips etc) simply because he loves bringing people into the game. Asking him to pay for Aerosensas, especially considering how destructive our lot is, would be supremely cheeky.
    Then why not help him out and at least pay for your own consumeables? Wouldn't that be the least "cheeky" thing to do?

    /Twobeer
    Last edited by twobeer; 08-18-2007 at 04:40 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smash_killer View Post
    I've thrown caution to the wind and and tried the new plastics "Head300W", very good, these could be a challenge to Yonex, nice flight!!!

    John
    I bet they could also challenge the ones you get in the badminton-kit at the gas-station

Similar Threads

  1. Feathers to plastics
    By Vesped in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 9
    : 08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
  2. Different technique for plastics?
    By dawei94 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 5
    : 11-02-2009, 06:11 AM
  3. Arm pain after switching from feather to plastics...
    By Tweak in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 12
    : 09-26-2006, 10:06 AM
  4. Plastics for IBF tourneys from 01Feb?
    By 2wheels04 in forum 2006 Tournaments
    Replies: 1
    : 12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
  5. Oval head, isometric head and ovaliso head.
    By Extremesmash in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 5
    : 11-18-2004, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •