Can Fakes be identical to the last thingy to Originals?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Ken168, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Ken168

Ken168 Regular Member

Student
    When i bought a racket cab 25 from Raon which is known for its fake sports equipment. But when i checked the bbeshop.com they looked very identical down to the last decal and colors. Is that possible?? and the racket is powerful.
    [​IMG]

2. Ken168

Ken168 Regular Member

Student
    but the one who bought it for me said that he guessed that it might have come from the same distributor thats why its cheaper than the original.

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i believe, and sooner rather than later, it'll be almost impossible to tell fakes from originals. just buy from authorised dealers and check as much of the details as you can, to be on the safe side.

4. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

it may look the same from the outside, but the material is different. an example is the missing t-joint (there's a thread that x-rayed rackets and found that fakes tend to not contain the built-in t-joint).

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    how much u paid for it?

6. UchihaIyer

UchihaIyer Regular Member

My friend recently bought a NS8K from ebay and it turned out to look exately the same as the 8K of many other people. But when he sent Yonex the serial number, is when he found out it was fake. Also it felt lighter and when ever he hit the frame it buzzed for some reason...

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I can "build" (more likely, re-paint) an old crappy all beatup car as shiny or evey better than the newest BMW, Benz, Infinity, etc. However, the "only" thing missing is the true performance. Do you think you want to pay a luxury price for my self-claimed "OEM" car? :cool:

8. JC Bonnin

JC Bonnin Regular Member

Graphics Designer
    Hi Guys!

Just buy your racket at SAN DIEGO BADMINTON SUPPLY. 100% sure that your badminton racket is genuine. This is an authorised dealer of Original Yonex Racket. You can buy your racket ON LINE with cheaper shipping rate but FASTEST Delivery.

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Even thou they are an authorized dealer, I do not recommend them because of the poor customer service, several members including myself have have expereicned.

In general, there are other authorized shops to get rackets which are cheaper than US, like overseas. US does not carry the common weight versions and also lacks grip variety for people who need use other grip sizes.

10. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Fake rackets specialize in making themselves 'look' like the original. The composites inside the racket, however, are not the same. Two fake rackets can even have different % composites, and aren't regulated fairly well like real rackets. So no two fake rackets are like another, on the inside anyways.

---------------
    And, uh, SD badminton supply. What to say. I go there all the time in person. They're quite quick with stringing and quality of stringing is top notch when I give it to them in person. But when I tried to get a racket (AT900P) shipped from there back to my hometown, it's taking a week or so and I still haven't gotten the racket. (Not to include the 7 weeks before that I had to wait, but that's another situation) I don't know what to say at all. Feels contradictory in terms of customer service.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Read this. I guess you will find out more. My expereicne is also in there as well.

12. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Hmm, yea, I read that thread before. I know Mike personally as well since he was my coach at UCSD, so this strikes me as fairly frustrating that this would happen.

13. JC Bonnin

JC Bonnin Regular Member

Graphics Designer
    I'm sorry MATT you had a bad experience with them. I have bought racketss from them in the past and never had any problems. They have very FAST service. I received my order in just 7 days, remember i am from Saudi Arabia.

And to you HYBRIDRAGON if you know mike personnaly, please tell him my BEST REGARDS. Tell him that I advertised SDBS here in Saudi Arabia for there good service. Just mention my company name (FUCHS Petroleum) and he will remember me.