WC 2007 Venue

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by abedeng, Aug 5, 2007.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    OK ppl, as u know, the venue is the Putra Stadium, within Bukit Jalil National Sports Complex. What most ppl don't know is that the Putra Stadium is way off the edge of the complex's main entrance (from Sri Petaling). And yes, it is totally hidden from view from the main roads.

Best approach is to enter via the Bukit Jalil Sports School. From KL - Seremban H'way (E2), turn towards Astro/TPM/Bukit Jalil road, make a u-turn at TPM, go back the other way until you find the entrance to BJSS beside the road. Closest car parks to the Stadium are Car Parks D & E.

From PJ/Shah Alam/Sunway/Puchong, from Sunway, use the Puchong - Bukit Jalil h'way all the way to BJSS. Or u can use KESAS H'way (E5), after Awan Besar toll plaza, exit and turn right towards Bukit Jalil, continue straight ahead, and then turn left to merge to Puchong - Bukit Jalil h'way.

I do not recommend coming in from Sri Petaling/Commonwealth Games Village, u might be stuck in a jam due to construction, bad road surface and volume of cars. Also, those using LRT will have to walk almost 2 kms to reach the Putra Stadium on the other side of the complex.

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    ok... i've been der many many times for national championship (not badminton and which my team was a national champ :D)... the std. is great.. its really big can the seating capacity is large.. cant imagine when a full seated std. shouting MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!! :D

star lrt takes u straight to the area... i stayed in ampang area when i went last month and i took for ampang station to another station (4gotten the name) then change platform to go start to BUKIT JALIL STATION.

then when u got out, go up few flight of stairs (outside the station) then turn to the left and go straight.. during that walk, u will see the cafeteria, food stalls, the swimming venue on the left and the track and field, football stadium is on the right... just go straight and the stadium putra is just in front of u... in fact, u will be able to see the stadium once u turn to the left after going up the stairs.. if u scared lost or dun know or lost, u can check out the big signboard/map of the area after u got up from the flight of stairs... :D

3. tjl_vanguard

Student
    u sure? i just went last month to std putra for another national championship event... :D

probably it took around 10-15 mins depending how fast u walk.. i was strolling so i took around 15mins i think.. :D

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Definitely not 2 km. A few hundred metres is my estimate.

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the tips guys..

..thanks abedeng and tjl_vanguard for the tips!:cool:..I'll make sure to jot those down in case i take a taxi and the taxi driver takes me on a longer ride..:p;)
    ..don't worry, i have abedeng's phone no. already..In case i get lost, i'll call him to come pick me up..hehe:p:D;)
    ..maybe it's a typo...or maybe abedeng got dropped off at a different LRT station..:confused::p
    ..thanks for the map, hcyong:cool:...Btw, off topic, say do you know how much will the taxi fare be if i want to go from Changi airport to Orchard Rd.(one way) as i might swing by S'pore during my transit?..Thanks & sorry for asking, i forgot the fare..:p:)

#6 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  7. tjl_vanguard

Student
    very very welcome ctjad... where are u now?? in USA??

im just sharing my experience when i went there last month.. its not around 2km.. 1km maybe... :D

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oui..

...still in L.A:p....abt 24 hrs to go til the start of my vacation this yr...:D;)

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Hopes u will njoy ur vacations ;)

10. tjl_vanguard

Student
    good for u.. i went kl last month for a short vacation.. and when i came back to continue my semester, i started to slack... alot... hahaha :D

how long will u be here?? ur chinese or wad?

11. tjl_vanguard

Student
    oops.. a little out of topic... :D just realized..

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Thanks...will be there..

:)..will be there, guys, hopefully, to meet all of you wonderful M'sian as well as other non-M'sian BCers!!..:D;):cool:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Oops..

..wrong person to ask:p..sorry, hcyong, i thought you're originally from S'pore..:eek:..

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    tjl_vanguard,

15 minutes walk, huh? Ok, then I suppose the distance using those "interior paths" is 1 km. Old guy like me would normally would like to avoid climbing stairs, so I would prefer the longer way around the National Stadium thru the carparks. Sort of a "victory lap" :D.

BTW, r u driving or not? If u are, there could be many cars on road during WC events, this I based on my Thomas Cup experiences. And there's the Champions Youth Cup football event semis and final running simultaneously at the National Stadium .....

Chris,

Once my car is parked, best u can get is for me to give u directions.:p

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, it is about S$10. There's a surcharge if you take the taxi at the airport. In total, for sure it would not exceed S$20, unless you take the taxi after midnight.

If you don't mind taking the MRT (train), there's a station at the airport (Terminal 2) and also at Orchard. But only if you don't have a lot to carry. If there are 3 or 4 of you, take the cab.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Oh, okay..

:D..i understand, abedeng...I don't want you to take another "victory lap" just to pick me up, while losing your parking spot, and then to have to find another empty spot and finally do another "victory lap" back to the stadium..:p:D;)
    ..thanks for that info:cool:..Hmm, yeah, that's what i kinda remember..Abt the MRT from Changi to Orchard Rd., is there really one that connects from both places??...I'm also concerned abt the travel time, esp. with taxi in case i get stuck in traffic; will be transiting in Changi for abt 4 hrs, so i want to go into downtown for an hr or so..:p

#16 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Then, better take taxi. Jam or no jam, taxi should be faster. MRT (yes, you can take MRT from Airport to Orchard, but you have to change trains twice) will take at least half-an-hour each way.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Got it..

..thanks for your suggestion!:):cool:

19. BinBin007911

BinBin007911 Regular Member

er... may i ask, is the Stadium for WC easy to find?? and if i wan to meet someone there, how can i easily meet him?? i will go by train, but i not sure is easy to find or not.... i just know using sri petaling line to reach bukit jalil only. after that i do not know any thing about the stadium.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay, for reference..

..here are the maps of the stadium..thanks to hcyong for the link:cool::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20 ctjcad, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2007