is this at900 tech cracked or broken?!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by jdm_wol2ks, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jdm_wol2ks

jdm_wol2ks Regular Member

well my cousin uses an at900 tech, he has only used it like 3 or 4 times...he noticed this paint chip on the racket...and he's afraid its a crack what should he do? its SP coded...so i guess hed have to send it back to the store where he bought it in hk...
    can you guys help me out and see if its a crack or just a paint chip from looking at teh pics?

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

the pictures are kinda blurry but from the looks of it, seems more like a crack than a paint chip

in the 2nd pic, it looks as if the frame isnt even 1 piece anymore and the right part of the frame in picture 2 has separated from the left

3. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, does look like a crack. From the second picture as Jon said it's a bit separted.

4. jdm_wol2ks

hmmm ok...well my cousin says he has never clashed the racket before..so do you think yonex would warranty it?

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Indeed, the second photo suggests a diagonal crack.

The racket looks like a structural failure due to the stringing process.

6. superkid

superkid Regular Member

hi jdm..it's the same case as mine when i had my nanospeed 6000 cracked..it's definately cracked from yr pic..u should be able to get it claim..wil sure take some time..

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the more important question: who strung it?

8. jdm_wol2ks

the racket was strung by teh girl there...she does a good job! =) idk how it could be a string defect thing

my cousin bought it from hk at inskysports...both him and i have purchased rackets from that store...the stringer did really well from what i recall...nothing happened to my racket...lol same for his...
    do you think my cousin can get a replacement? i believe his racket is an SP coded...

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Yonex USA or CAN will not replace a HK or SP coded racquet. You need to send it back to HK.
    2) If it is the shop's fault, you might be able to ask them to pick up S/H charge.
    3) Usually stringer will inspect the racquet before and after he/she string the racquet. In this case, the stringing shop migh have to eat it.

Sorry to see your lost. Good luck on getting a replacement. RIP for the AT900-t...

#9 silentheart, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  10. lt.squirrel

lt.squirrel Regular Member

looks bad.. sorry for your loss - the at900t is a great racquet..but not after its cracked wiiide open

11. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Well i have seen that before..Yes it is a crack for sure.

Is this a 4U racket ? What is the strings tension?

It happened to me once also that my racket just snapped while i did a jump smash.I got it replaced as it was not my fault. Contact the store and see what they can do for you. It might take sometime.Plus where is the crack on the racket?

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    How much was the tension, and how did your guys get it back from HK? Via shipping, hand carried on board, or threw it in the cargo w/o enough protection? Anyway, try to contact the store, and see what you can about it.

13. iamSudd3n

iamSudd3n Regular Member

Manger
    that's a crack. One time it also happen to me. I complained to the store (other branch). The person told me it cannot be replace coz it's a discount item. So i went again to their other branches pretending to be buying a new one of the same kind. Then ask for their warranty. He told me it can be replaced whether its a promo items or sale items. As long as the tension string was strung not exceeding the max string indicated in the racquet, not been hit by a racquet or floor, and it's not exceeding 3 months warranty time.
    So i went back to where i bought it and complain everything. I said it cracked when i was only hitting a shuttle. First the person i talked to was saying it's not possible to replaced cause it's a promo item. Then i told him i need to talked to their manager if they won't replaced it and explained everything the other branch told me. After several minutes the person i talk to, decided to get my racquet and it will be evaluated after a week. After that they called me and say they will replaced my racquet and even gave me a free bag.

14. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager

hahaaha CAUGHT redhanded, should of went up to the manager and say that your worker is a retard =) and then say GG to the worker.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its a crack! :( Thats bad.

16. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Definitely, it's a RIP item belonging to the BF graveyard.