New Nano Structure from Yonex

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Scott Kam, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Time for me to get a new tennis racquet for demo...

3. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    yah that is definitly the new RQiS rackets, Hewitt used one for his first round match at Montreal, the RQiS 1. thats interesting that they introduce this new nano technology, maybe it might be tennis only tech, but i doubt it

4. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    does that mean a new line of badminton rackets is soon to come from Yonex? Hopefully :) lol

5. silentheart

Ants, what do you say, 2009 or 2008? I think 2009... NS9900?

6. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Wow! so long until they bring out new rackets?

7. silentheart

The RQiS1 looks the old SRD tour 95 design Hewitt used long time ago.

I think Yonex want to milk as long from NS9000 and AT900 line as possible. We should see...

8. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Carbon Nano tube already used for badminton racket NC TUFF 8 & 9

I cannot understand Japanese language. However, I found English "Carbon Nano Tube" is stated. Carbon Nano tube is used in Yonex new Nanospeed rackets, NC Tuff 9 and NC Tuff 8, as frame material. These two rackets are made in Taiwan.

9. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Carbon Nano tube used for badminton racket NC TUFF 8 & 9

I cannot understand Japanese language. However, I found English "Carbon Nano Tube" is stated. Carbon Nano tube is used in Yonex new Nanospeed rackets, NC Tuff 9 and NC Tuff 8, as frame material. These two rackets are made in Taiwan.

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Interesting.. the cup-tubes sounds like a nice application..

I am dissapointed in Yonex, that they apply latest stuff to Tennis before badminton...

Maybe thats a problem of having a to dominant market position.. You don't need to stay on your toes, and be innovative :-(

I would expect Yonex to be the one pushing the envelope for Badminton, Not companies like Mizuno, who are not as big players in badminton equipment!!

Tennis.. baah..

/Twobeer

11. silentheart

Actually, I like the idea of tennis comes out first then badminton. Why? Look at the experience with NS7K and NS8K, they came out before tennis racquet and the racquet suffer a little (or a lot depend on people) on the durability area. So, if the tennis comes out first, Yonex had 1 yr (actually 6 month) to fix any issue before they put them into badminton racquets.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I cannot really see how the durability issues of a badminton racket would be correlated to the release of a tennis racket :confused:.. I never heard of any durability issues with tennis stuff from Yonex at all.. The design cjharacteristics and forces are very different on a tennis racket compared to badminton..

Also I suppose Yonex test rackets with pro's etc. in order to validate designs and durability issues (more than 6 months prior to release)..

/Twobeer

13. silentheart

Sorry, what I mean was if you compair the NS7k and 8K which came out the same time as the NSRQ line for tennis. (PS. NSRQ line was not that good and no tennis pro used it) It was a new tech when they first come out. The manufacturing process might not be perfect. So why not use tennis as a tuning or trial run before apply it to badminton? This way, it will reduce the issue of defect because the manufacturing process are very close for both tennis and badminton racquet. Also, very often a racquet was tested but never got to the productionline for some reason. I need to look up which tennis racquet as an example from last year. I got my dirty hand on one of them and tried it out last year. Loved it to death. However, it never make it to the market this year. That really sucks.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Even if they had released NSRQ much earlier, I don't think that would have made any difference for the NS-series quality issues.

Frankly, I'm a bit tired that companies apply new technology to Tennis-gear and then just "replicates" that over to badminton (babolat, Head, Wilson etc.. all do this). Of course this is easier than conduct badminton specific reasearch on material,composition, durability.

I am worried Yonex goes the same path as the likes of Wilson, Head, Babolat, Prince etc..

well.. at least we still (hopefully) have Kason, Victor/Forza, SOTX around that research and develops mainly for badminton.. Not just trying to apply the latest tennis-tech onto badminton rackets for marketing reasons..

/Twobeer

15. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Guess Ants is testing the prototype racket for badminton :)