yonex: super grap

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by drew, Mar 15, 2002.

1. drew

drew Regular Member

i have a 3u grip on my racket..and when i use this grip to wrap my handlei had like 30-50 cm of leftover that can still be used. THe pack comes with 3 wraps and when one is done another one starts so i know i didn't use some of the 2nd grip.
    I overlap at 0.5-1cm when I wrap it....
    does this happen usually?

2. jon

jon Guest

nope... its meant to be used all up...but if you like the feeling... then its fine...

btw...i dont recommend using "yonex grap"... in my opinion, its crap...

I've tried using other types such as Prince duratred, which works great, when wrapping it over a layer of yonex grap...

have fun... your yonex grap is gonna shred very fast....

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I had yonex gap, it's like garbage because it wears out easily. One time my skin ripped off because of it because the grip worn out. I now use the Black Knight grip(I forgot which one, my rackets are not with me) and I feel lot more confortable with that one.

The extra 30-50 depends on the way you grip it. I overlap my grip about every 1/2 of the width so I'm left with about a couple of cm. My rackets are g 4.5. IMO, the G3 racket handles are too big and you may want to consider switching to a smaller grip(ie. 4.5) then build your grip up from there.

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    yes, you should usually get leftovers. in the past using supergrap, i tried overlapping half, so that when one side wore out (which was often too quickly), i removed and reversed the wrap.

unfortunately the grap in general is just utter garbage like Matt and jon said above. the prince duratred is far superior but i currently use the wilson wrap which is a bit lower priced than the prince.

the only thing nice i have to say about the yonex grap is that they come in some real funky neon colors.

5. zerochillnet

zerochillnet Regular Member

this is usual as the grip is designed to be put on long racquets as well. i usually overlap around 1/3 or 1/4 but i dont recommend the yonex super grap. try using karakal pu super grip...