A suggestion for the Techniques/Training forum

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by suPra, Aug 8, 2007.

1. suPra

suPra New Member

Something that would really help make that section a bit more organized is if you added a sticky with links to all the techniques and training questions that have been asked. For example, you can organize it into this:

+Hitting
    |+Smashing
    | |- How to smash
    | |- How to jump smash
    | |- Defending from smash
    |+Clearing
    |+Drop Shots

+Movement
    |+Footwork

+Body/Health
    |+Training
    |+Exercises
    | |-Running
    | |-Weight Training
    |+Diet

etc., etc.
    Link only the good threads that have asked good questions that have been answered by an expert player and that explains to the general audience. This will make things easier for the person who is searching for some answers as well as making that section of the forum a lot more organized.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, yes.

However, it take a lot of time to read through each post and organize them all. Never to mention, ppl can different point of view on certain strokes, and we tend to be off topic here and there.

My way of "filtering" the information is:

1. Follow the experts (if you are here long enough, you will know who has good amount knowledge regarding training and technique)

2. Try to be specific, when apply search.

3. If you think your question is worth to be discussed (i.e. not very general questions like "how to play", "how to move"), don't be afraid to bring it again. Ppl will either update their inputs according to the new scenario, or will point you to other reference threads.

silentheart likes this.
  3. suPra

suPra New Member

Well, I don't mean to reorganize all the content now. Why not start putting it together with the threads that come up in the future? And Im not saying to link EVERY sing thread in that forum, that'd be crazy. Im just saying that you should link the posts that come up in the future and that hold a good answer to the question which can help out people in the future.

But I can see what you're saying. It's just a pain I think for most people to retype each answer to a similar question over and over.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I understand what you say. However, we only have like 4 Mods, but over 10,000 members... Of course, the most active ones could be only 200-300, but the ratio is still large. Therefore, the workload is significant. Even if they can take a trial period, but I don't think they can hold on consistantly.

Again, with the off topic and different point of views, it's hard to categorize every thread (even just from now on). A better way is to go with the experts that you trust, and follow their threads. The best "search" and "filter" is yourself. ;)