User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    1/2 more precise, 1/4 between 2 line marking, so it isn't precise as 1/2 (which marking meet marking).
    and also the scale between two line is so close.
    So Eepak, what's your suggestion? which one is better?
    Does the machine have two tension devices? One is the tension scale and the other is the rotating knob that turns and moves the tension scale. The rotating knob has markings in 1/2 lb with huge gaps in between. If you use this knob you can even adjust the tension to 1/8 lb.
    My suggestion is to set up your own qc control. You do this by placing your unstrung racquet against a wall and use a thin pencil to trace a 6" outline of the top of your racquet on the wall (stick a piece of paper on the wall). You then ask your stringer to string your racquet at 27lbs for the mains and 29 3/4lbs on the crosses. After stringing you place the strung racquet against the same spot on the wall and try to match against your earlier trace. If it is in perfect alignment, that is you don't see double lines, then stick to this stringer the next time. If not, go to a new stringer until you find one that can do the job. BTW oval racquets will require different stringing practices to iso racquets for that perfect 100% distortionless stringing. What works for one will not work for the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like i have to try it my self to decide which is better.
    btw eepak, your suggestion is good, after string i'll try to match w/ the frame.
    find another stringer is no good in my place, every stringer that i ask always do same tension on both cross and main. So i must request myself to do 10% higher on cross.

btw i already asked him to do main at 27 and cross at 29.7, but he said he could only do increment 1/2 lbs. haeeee...... he asked me wheter 29.5 or 30??
    sometime i do below 10% at 29.5 but sometime more than 10% at 30, never try to match w/ unstrung one.
    Last edited by sifuyono; 08-10-2007 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it really should be exactly 10%?
    if you ask me, 27x30 would be fine....

this borderlines OCD...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like i have to try it my self to decide which is better.
    btw eepak, your suggestion is good, after string i'll try to match w/ the frame.
    find another stringer is no good in my place, every stringer that i ask always do same tension on both cross and main. So i must request myself to do 10% higher on cross.

btw i already asked him to do main at 27 and cross at 29.7, but he said he could only do increment 1/2 lbs. haeeee...... he asked me wheter 29.5 or 30??
    sometime i do below 10% at 29.5 but sometime more than 10% at 30, never try to match w/ unstrung one.
    Another thing-pls ask him to use 2-pc stringing instead of 1-pc stringing. Also stringing the crosses starting from the top is better than from the bottom. I know this is contrary to Yonex's pattern, but believe me it will give you a more crispy feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Another thing-pls ask him to use 2-pc stringing instead of 1-pc stringing. Also stringing the crosses starting from the top is better than from the bottom. I know this is contrary to Yonex's pattern, but believe me it will give you a more crispy feel.
    the stringer usually do at 1 piece like dinkalot, save time, and also due to lack of technical skill, many stringer in indonesia do at 1 piece i believe.
    pull first main from the one side to the other side, then cross bottom up.
    1st cross same tension as main, second cross until last do approx. 10% higher
    this way i usually get last cross weak tension due to tie off.
    this way is the easiest way even i know yonex reccomendation was 2 piece.
    btw, thanks for your advis Eepak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    so it really should be exactly 10%?
    if you ask me, 27x30 would be fine....

this borderlines OCD...
    thanks jerby,
    i'll try 27.5x30 first, next will be 27x30, and duplicate on paper like what Eepak said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one is better on tension?
    main x cross between 27x30 or 27.5x30?
    pake standard mana nich ? kalo standard Indo, gue gak kuatir, pasti kuat dech.

which standard u will use ? if using Indo standard then not too worry.

I strung at Indo at 27 - 28 lbs, but when bring to SG ... people said it is maybe only 24 - 25 lbs ......... the racket never used somemore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the stringer usually do at 1 piece like dinkalot, save time, and also due to lack of technical skill, many stringer in indonesia do at 1 piece i believe.
    pull first main from the one side to the other side, then cross bottom up.
    1st cross same tension as main, second cross until last do approx. 10% higher
    this way i usually get last cross weak tension due to tie off.
    this way is the easiest way even i know yonex reccomendation was 2 piece.
    btw, thanks for your advis Eepak
    If you have no option but to go for 1-pc stringing, ask your stringer to start the mains from the middle, alternating first left and then right, and work towards the sides. This will balance the frame better. The tie-off for the last cross at the top is a destroyer of crispy shots. I would take Yonex to task on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    If you have no option but to go for 1-pc stringing, ask your stringer to start the mains from the middle, alternating first left and then right, and work towards the sides. This will balance the frame better. The tie-off for the last cross at the top is a destroyer of crispy shots. I would take Yonex to task on this.
    ok. thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2