New Yonex catalogue

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Johno, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Johno

Johno Guest

Just got a new Yonex brouche today, and yonex's new main racket is (as you all know) is the Muscle Power 88, the problem is that it doesn't say anything about the weight, stiffness of the racket and other infomation which we all like to talk about.
    Also the shop that the brouche is from is selling the racket for £120 in the UK and is selling off their Ti 10's cheap (by this i mean £80).
    This is apprently because Yonex are no longer making this racket anymore,
    there are mail order places in the UK which are also selling TI 10's for £60 each.
    And the yonex brouche hasn't got a picture of the Ti 10 in the TI range of rackets.

I don't get why yonex would want to stop making the Ti 10

Another thing that i noticed is that they (yonex) have changed the paint work on all the Ti rackets and the swing power rackets, but this makes the Ti 7 looks better, it looks more like the MP 77 now apart from with a blue shaft and sliverish frame at the top rather then a silver shaft and blue frame on the MP 77

But Yonex seem to have some really nice stuff this year, there are a lot of the bags and shirts that were seen at the All England.
    But no price lists

2. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    IF you look at the catalog from last year.
    The ti-7 is mad out of cheaper Graphite.
    it used to be Ultra HM for shaft and frame.
    now it's HM frame and Graphite shaft.

3. Josh

Josh Guest

Where can I get the Yonex catalogue in Vancouver B.C.

4. Peter

Peter Guest

Hey I live in the Uk JOHNO
    Could u please tell me where u got ur catalog from and tell me how i can order one please?:D

5. Johno

Johno Guest

I got mine from a shop in chester (cheshire) and it is really the only one in my are that sells the top of the line rackets and other yonex goods.

As for getting a catalogue your self you could alway phone Yonex Uk, i'm guessin that your a registered BA of E member and so you get the ' Badminton ' magazine which has the number for yonex uk at the bottome of the Muscle Power advert,
    But if you haven't got the magazine the number is

07000 96639 85 and then you have to quote B2001, although i'm guessing that you would have to quote B2002 to get the new catalogue

6. Josh

Josh Guest

What about Vancouver B.C.

7. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    what about Toronto , On?

8. dave

dave Guest

Hi JOHNO,

Could you please tell me the address of those mail order shops that sell Ti-10 for 60 pounds. Many thanks.

Dave

9. Khenglee

Khenglee Guest

Yeah JOHNO, can we have the address or phone numbers to the company that sell it for £60 please

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Just a question for you Howard.
    How can you make the generalization that the Ti 7 really is made out of cheaper graphite?
    Let me guess, because it was written in Yonex's catalog?
    Ok, then answer this.
    Do you know anyone who owns the Ti7 light?
    Have you played with it yourself?
    I'm sure you know people who own the original ti7.
    What would you say, if I told you they are exactly the same racquet?
    What would you say, if I told you that I have played with both, and the original ti 7 as well as the new one? and told you that the stated material composition in the previous catalogs were incorrect??? and that the "new" stated composition is correct? without it coming from my mouth, but directly from the lion (Yonex) themselves.
    I dont think you've actually seen a 3u Ti-7, and I only know of one player that owns one, who attends a club I do on Sunday mornings. Also happened he was at a Yonex demonstration one night, and I took a look at the new equipment, but am reserving comment, as I see no point in spreading too much BS as I have before about goods. Rather this time wait, and actually buy the stuff before I speak.

Remember, a while back I was discussing about the racquet lengths with some other guys?
    Well, I got my ti S from Asia compared to another one, that was used by a sponsored player, and would you believe it if I told you his was shorter?

I think it's safe to say, that without actually playing with the new stuff, it's better not to start spreading stuff about newer equipment being "different" etc, etc.
    In anycase, I just thought you might want to see the flip side of the coin... it's actually a twin faced coin.

11. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    I'M NOT SPREADING ANYHTHING!!. NO I HAVE NOT PLYED WITH THE NEW ONE.I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN TO GO ACROSS TOWN JUST TO SEE IT.I WAS JUST PIONTING OUT THAT IS SAYS THAT IN THE CATALOG.
    IT COULD STILL PLAY THE SAME BUT WHOS KNOWS.SO IF YOUR COMING ON HERE JUST TO GIVE ME BS CAUSE OF A MISTPRINT YONEX CANADA MADE WELL THEN YOUR SOME KIND OF A FRIEND. i was only saying it was cheaper graphite.I'm not spread @!#$. I thought i would let every one know since the racket was made from ultraHM and now it states HM&GRAHPITE.I also went through the troble of e-mailing shops in US and canada and the have said that it is indeed made out of cheaper matieral.

12. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    :lol:
    I cant believe you would take offense to that Howard.
    I guess you have to learn as well (what I already learned), my tone wasn't in a strict or critical tone at all.
    I was merely pointing out that it's better not to pass judgement on anything until people actually play with the goods.
    I didn't happen to state you were in error did I?
    I was just asking YOU questions, about what you know, or dont know.

Better cool it there kiddo.

-Kelvin
    PS: Yonex held demos around the city, and yes in your area as well, but I guess you missed out on it.

13. Fredyp

Fredyp Regular Member

Engineer
  14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that what's the catalog looks like in north america too.

15. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
  16. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Re: Re: New Yonex catalogue

The last time I ordered one (a couple years ago) I just called and requested one from Yonex Canada. The number I have for them is (800) 661-9262.

17. SChan

SChan Regular Member

Re: Re: New Yonex catalogue

try VRC, abbies, or racketsandrunners

18. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Yea, so I can properly Pick up one of these Yonex Catalogs @ abbies or Tads?

Anyways, jus wondering how long is it, till the next Catalog comes out? Does it come every month? 2,3,6? And how much would it cost?

19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    The catalogue's free if you pick it up at Yonex sponsored Tournies. In fact, I don't think it cost anything. Stores might only carry a few copies for their own references, so they might not distribute them at all.

#19 cappy75, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  20. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Anyone have a direct link to a official online Yonex Catologue for 2004? I want to see the specifications of the new racquets.